The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

International Student looking to live outside of Brighton

Hi I am 27 year old female from the USA starting my postgrad in February 2014. I am looking for accommodations near or around Brighton. Could anyone give me advice on the best places to live?

If your an international student already settled in around the area, could you tell me what your experience has been like?

I was looking at Worthing, but I am not sure how long the commute is and best options for getting around.

Original post by anaisabel_776
Hi I am 27 year old female from the USA starting my postgrad in February 2014. I am looking for accommodations near or around Brighton. Could anyone give me advice on the best places to live?

If your an international student already settled in around the area, could you tell me what your experience has been like?

I was looking at Worthing, but I am not sure how long the commute is and best options for getting around.

Hi anaisabel_776

There are a few questions here, so I'll try my best to give you some info on each one!

What the best place is, well that can be different for everyone and depends on your priorities. Some people prefer to live really close to where they study so that it is quick to get to uni in the mornings, others live a little further away which may be cheaper. You might live in the centre of town or a more residential area… the list goes on!

If you are settled living somewhere in the local area but outside of Brighton already and don't want to or can't move, there are lots of options to travel in. ( I did it myself for 4 years and plenty of other students do it too.) If you come from Worthing by train into Brighton the services are frequent and take around 20mins to the main Brighton station. If you are studying at the Grand Parade campus this will be your stop. If you are at Moulsecoomb or Falmer you will change trains at Brighton and travel for another 4 mins (Moulsecoomb) or 7 mins (Falmer). With an NUS card you can get a reduced price train ticket for this journey - details here http://bit.ly/1bNOV7A

Driving can take as little as 20 - 30mins too but this does depend on traffic, if it is rush hour and exactly where you are travelling from and to of course. Worth doing a test run!

Would info on living in Brighton be useful to you or are you not looking at this option?

Best Wishes
Viv
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
hi all,
I'm an international student too, i will be heading to Moulsecoomb.
since i'm not too familiar with the typical rent of certain places close to campus, I'd like to know which areas have cheaper rents compared to others-?
all places I look are asking for 90 ppw and above. Is there a slightly lower affordable range close to Moulsecoomb?
Would appreciate it if someone pointed me in the right direction! Thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending