The Student Room Group

MSc Sustainable Energy Futures - Imperial College 2014/15

Hi everyone,
I am finishing the 4th year of an MEng Mechanical Engineering, and I have applied for the MSc in Sustainable Eneergy Futures at the Imperial College starting in fall 2014.

I have completed my application in mid-December, and they received and processed my last reference today.
I was wondering whether anyone has any previous experience with this course, or has applied for the same course starting in fall 2014.
How long should I wait to expect an offer or an interview request?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Have u received an offer yet?

Original post by the_doctor46
Hi everyone,
I am finishing the 4th year of an MEng Mechanical Engineering with Engineering Management course in Southampton, and I have applied for the MSc in Sustainable Eneergy Futures at the Imperial College starting in fall 2014.

I have completed my application in mid-December, and they received and processed my last reference today.
I was wondering whether anyone has any previous experience with this course, or has applied for the same course starting in fall 2014.
How long should I wait to expect an offer or an interview request?
Reply 2
Original post by jinny786
Have u received an offer yet?

No, not yet. They e-mailed me in mid-january telling me that they would get back to me within the next month to 6 weeks.
Have you applied for it too?
Reply 3
Yes I applied early January but have not heard from them yet.

No, not yet. They e-mailed me in mid-january telling me that they would get back to me within the next month to 6 weeks.
Have you applied for it too?
Reply 4
Original post by ckp_25
I have an offer to study Sustainable Energy Futures, very excited. My undergraduate is in Astrophysics though (Edinburgh University) so will be a bit of a change!

Well done, hope I will get an offer too. That would be really great. I'm completing an MEng in Mechanical Engineering.

When did you apply? When did you get your offer?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Well done, hope I will get an offer too. That would be really great. I'm completing an MEng in Mechanical Engineering in Southampton.

When did you apply? When did you get your offer?

Hi there :smile: I applied on 13th of November and heard back on the 13th of January...never noticed that coincidence...

Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by ckp_25
Hi there :smile: I applied on 13th of November and heard back on the 13th of January...never noticed that coincidence...

Good luck!

Thanks. And ah you applied early I see. I applied in mid-december, so I should hear in the next weeks.

What kind of average mark do you have overall, if I can ask? I got turned down by Cambridge I suspect because of my overall average mark of 66.5% (still need to finish uni however, so it may improve), and I'm a bit worried that the same may happen with the IC.
Reply 7
Thanks. And ah you applied early I see. I applied in mid-december, so I should hear in the next weeks.

What kind of average mark do you have overall, if I can ask? I got turned down by Cambridge I suspect because of my overall average mark of 66.5% (still need to finish uni however, so it may improve), and I'm a bit worried that the same may happen with the IC.

Yeah I think I applied a week after it opened or something, I am sure you will hear back soon.

What course did you apply to at Cambridge? Energy technologies? Last year [my penultimate year] I averaged a high first, in physics/astronomy though. I am sure if you have previously studied engineering it will strengthen your application!
Reply 8
Original post by ckp_25
Yeah I think I applied a week after it opened or something, I am sure you will hear back soon.

What course did you apply to at Cambridge? Energy technologies? Last year [my penultimate year] I averaged a high first, in physics/astronomy though. I am sure if you have previously studied engineering it will strengthen your application!

Yes I applied for Energy Technologies. I bet they had loads of applicants. And to apply to Cambridge you need to pay £50, so the people who are willing to pay that sum are most likely well qualified for that course.

I think that if I don't manage to get into Imperial and end up with a higher average thanks to this year, I will try to find a job for the time being and apply a second time next year
Reply 9
Yes I applied for Energy Technologies. I bet they had loads of applicants. And to apply to Cambridge you need to pay £50, so the people who are willing to pay that sum are most likely well qualified for that course.

I think that if I don't manage to get into Imperial and end up with a higher average thanks to this year, I will try to find a job for the time being and apply a second time next year

I think you stand a good chance, you will already have a masters degree too which will be more than most people. Let us know!
Reply 10
I wonder what my chances are! I applied 2 January haven't heard back yet. I'm an Electrical Engineer, just graduated in June of 2013 but with a degree from Pakistan so i'm not sure how I compare with you all!
Original post by ckp_25
I think you stand a good chance, you will already have a masters degree too which will be more than most people. Let us know!
Reply 11
Original post by ckp_25

I got a reply today, they refused me.
I have an offer from Delft, and I don't know what to do. Accept Delft's offer, or find a job for next year and apply again with hopefully better marks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending