The Student Room Group

Law exams in general

Taking English Legal System exam next week.

When I did A levels, I started at the start of the book and re-wrote right to the end. It worked brilliantly and I got AAA as a result. However with these Law exams.. its not too difficult yet. But the sheer volume is impressive. My textbook is 850 pages long and I've re-written but for the first time struggling to remember chunks...

I missed a lot of semester 1 and have visited lecturers but extra advice would be great.

Do you need to know everything? (as you did in A levels)
For English Legal System, and other modules in general, is it more important to learn the theories or specific cases?

Just general info would be useful, cheers.
Reply 1
No, you don't for most exams but check beforehand in the module information. All willl say you should, but when you look at question strucutures it normally becomes clear you don't have to, occasionally you will have to though.

English Legal System I guess is just about court systems and so on which shouldn't be too bad and you could plausibly learn everything, the chances of learning First class level material for every single area of something like Land or Equity though is quite slim, and just knowing the relevant section of the textbook will likely only lead to a mid 2.1 at best, you'll need to read the cases themselves to understand them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending