The Student Room Group

My 52 Reg Clio has hit 100k miles now

Is it worth buying a new car, seeing as my current one runs properly with no problems (yet)?
Reply 1
Well to be fair you may as well run it into the ground & keep it if you're happy with it & it runs fine.
Original post by Meaux
Well to be fair you may as well run it into the ground & keep it if you're happy with it & it runs fine.

Well I am not exactly happy with it, but I need my money for other stuff at the moment. Cannot really save for a car.
Reply 3
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Well I am not exactly happy with it, but I need my money for other stuff at the moment. Cannot really save for a car.

Doesn't this kind of make option B obsolete then?
Original post by dada55

I mean I could get the money, but I'd rather spend it on holidays/travelling this year. If I buy a new car, then I cannot go abroad, and that's a big hobby of mine.

I am just worried that an old car like mine is embarrassing.
Original post by dada55

:wink:
Reply 6
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I mean I could get the money, but I'd rather spend it on holidays/travelling this year. If I buy a new car, then I cannot go abroad, and that's a big hobby of mine.

I am just worried that an old car like mine is embarrassing.

I don't think there is any reason to be embarrassed but if you do feel that way and that feeling is going to make you feel worse than missing out on holiday this year than maybe you should buy a new car. I personally would start saving a little by little for a new car but not denying myself any holidays, just cutting on the treats a little.

Quick Reply

Latest