The Student Room Group

5 mile commute

Not sure if this is the right thread but

Would it be possible to walk this? or would you recommend getting a bike/ scooter. I really love walking but my old school commute was around 2.5 miles (0.5 miles, a bus ride and then another 2 or so miles)

I heard the bus services in the town ill be in sucks and I really wanted to walk to be active.. but my acommodation is so far from campus
Depends on your fitness, the terrain and how often you need to do it. Personally I wouldn’t want to walk than a couple of miles on the reg.

I’d probably bike it.
Reply 2
Check out bus services for yourself; is there any info on the uni website about travel or anyone to contact? What about if you need to stay late to study in a library and travel in the dark or attend social events? You would think there's some common sense gone into having accommodation remote from campus.

If it's reasonable, you could try bus for part of the journey then get off and walk. Otherwise I'd also suggest bike (if you meant e-scooter private ones aren't currently legal), but overall you've got to consider how much you'd be carrying and the weather; do you want to arriving soaking wet with sweat in summer and rain in winter?

Quick Reply

Latest