The Student Room Group

Have you ever been on a date to Nandos, McDonalds etc?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 53SecondsToGo
possibly. possibly just from one of the girls that applied for the old shows

Sounds interesting, when's it happening :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who's Adnan Januzaj?
I wouldn't mind.... it might be a fast food place, but it's not quite in the same league as McDonald's. I like Nando's and wouldn't mind a date there.
Reply 82
(edited 10 years ago)
I don't think so.

I don't particularly mind either way, as long as I have a good time I'm not really fussed.
Reply 85
I go to KFC, gives us an excuse to lick each others' fingers and stare into each others eyes.

Spoiler

Took the gf of 2.5 years now to Nandos on our second date.

She loved it. I loved it.

You get to share the food, it tastes great. You get covered in sauce, you don't care. You're comfortable around each other.

WE actually went back there for valentines day 2013 as well. Manged to get the same table as our second date.

(Wasn't planning on it for Valentines day, our regular place burnt down but it ended up being awesome)
Reply 87
i think nandos is accpetable.

macdonalds acceptable for young teens.
I love how the metro described nandos as "budget chicken". As chicken based restaurants go it's bloody overpriced.
Also, I wonder what Melissa McKenzie wants out of the 7 years her junior, scrawny and not particularly attractive £30k a week professional footballer.
Why not?

If it's a first date maybe not because you want to be able to speak to eachother without children shouting around you.
However, if you have been together for a while and you both enjoy Nandos why not?
Reply 91
Original post by Qwerty2006
I'we taken my girlfriend to Burger King on the first date...

Oh wait, I'we never had a girlfriend

Forever alone

I suppose the advantage is you can eat where you want? All about the positives.

Original post by PatrickMath
Well, I'll tell you one thing... Dont go to fastfoods for a date... you know how when you eat burgers theyre always slimy and you get grease all over your hands, and sometimes sauce drips on you... and etc. Well I've done it once... xD Was the weirdest thing ever... Go to a tim hortons if you have one :wink: xD

Aren't they only in Canada?
Reply 92
I know people who buy into Nando's like its a religion, people who go every week and buy their overpriced sauces from Sainsburys. "Whatchu mean u never been to Nando's? Oh my days". People definitely go there happily for a date, I wouldn't though.
Original post by Tom78
I know people who buy into Nando's like its a religion, people who go every week and buy their overpriced sauces from Sainsburys. "Whatchu mean u never been to Nando's? Oh my days". People definitely go there happily for a date, I wouldn't though.
I've noticed that a few times. There are plenty of chain outlets that haven't been seen by everybody but I never hear "You've never been to GBK?!"
Reply 94
A few of you have mentioned, 'Screaming kids' or 'kids' in genreall the reason being you wouldnt want to go there on a date, in all honesty I have only once seen kids in a nandos and that was on NYE in London. We had a boat cruise booked, but got to London like 4 hours early so decided to go for a Nando's as everywhere was rammed! Anyway, only time I've ever seen kids in Nando's was that night. We go to nando's quite often.

not really mate :confused:
Reply 96
Original post by Llamageddon
I've noticed that a few times. There are plenty of chain outlets that haven't been seen by everybody but I never hear "You've never been to GBK?!"

Haha, what you mean you've never been to Wagamama's? When I was younger it was like TGI's or Pizza Hut lol.
Original post by Old_Simon
Looks like a marketing move by the Nandos chain. He might have been paid mega bucks. And the girl looks suspiciously "professional model" like.

Yeah, it has all the hallmarks of a pre-viral paid-for.

I don't really think there's anything wrong though with a first date somewhere cheap, I mean, if nothing else it tells you that your potential b/f isn't a spendthrift. :cool:
Original post by Motorbiker
Took the gf of 2.5 years now to Nandos on our second date.

She loved it. I loved it.

You get to share the food, it tastes great. You get covered in sauce, you don't care. You're comfortable around each other.

WE actually went back there for valentines day 2013 as well. Manged to get the same table as our second date.

(Wasn't planning on it for Valentines day, our regular place burnt down but it ended up being awesome)

The ultimate is to take along your own supply of extra strong piri-piri sauce. Some people find Nandos just a little on the bland side.
Being a Muslim and under 18 the guy had limited options I guess :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending