The Student Room Group

Don’t want to go to work

Last week I gave my job at McDonald’s a 2 weeks notice that I’m quitting so next week will be my last week, I have 3 more shifts left but I really don’t want to work anymore I hate it. Last week I called in sick, what will happen if I do this again will they suspect anything?
Reply 1
You simply won't get paid. I am sure no one at McDonalds is having sleepless nights over your absence.
Reply 2
Original post by hotpud
You simply won't get paid. I am sure no one at McDonalds is having sleepless nights over your absence.

McDonald’s are really strict about cancelling shifts they get angry about it and frustrated bc they have to find someone to cover your shift
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
McDonald’s are really strict about cancelling shifts they get angry about it and frustrated bc they have to find someone to cover your shift

Honesty what can they do? Sack you?

Or you could put on a brave face, go in and finish on a good vibe knowing you have become a bit more resilient to all life can throw at you.
(edited 8 months ago)
Yeah it's a low stake situation, but good character building for you to see through your commitment & rock up.
They may send Ronald around your house to give you a kicking, but that's the risk you take.
Reply 6
As long as you haven’t taken more holiday than you are due then they can’t do anything apart from give you a bad reference if ever you find yourself needing one.
Suck it up and go.
Reply 8
Original post by ICEcold_Stoic
Suck it up and go.

That would be the correct thing to do. You never know when a reference will be necessary and on top of that someone who has already done their shifts and may not want to do any overtime is obliged to cover OP’s absences. It’s not the best way to leave a job.
Reply 9
Original post by Euapp
That would be the correct thing to do. You never know when a reference will be necessary and on top of that someone who has already done their shifts and may not want to do any overtime is obliged to cover OP’s absences. It’s not the best way to leave a job.

Update: turns out I haven’t been scheduled anyway, and I booked a day off for Sunday as I have an event so I only have one shift left which is in a week so glad to be leaving McDonald’s after 2 years 😎
The only one who can understand you and take care of you, is you, yourself
So you must take care of yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending