The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

What is Chancellors Wharf like?

I'm a first year student thinking of moving into chancellors wharf next year and would appreciate it if anyone could give me an idea of what it's like to live there. Thanks
Reply 1
From what I've heard, Chancellors Wharf is a lot like basic accomodation (you get a basin in your room and share a bathroom with four people, I think).

If you're looking for accomodation next year, my friends and I are looking for a housemate to take the place of a our friend who has decided to study abroad next year, it's a very nice house so if you're interested, let me know!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Chancellors warf is quite nice! It's not en-suite but the rooms are quite big and the beds are supposedly quite comfy!
(source: living there next year)
Reply 3
There's 8 people per floor with one kitchen and two shower rooms to share.
there is also a common room with pool table and comfy chairs to chillax in.
It's right up against the canal which is very pretty and all that! However, the lack of railings means that, if your door is round the back , next to the water, then returning home drunk one dark and frosty night could mean you end up a lot wetter and colder that you anticipated.
(edited 10 years ago)
Chancellor's Wharf is Lancaster University owned and managed. One of the big advantages is that the lease is only 40 weeks. The rent includes heating, hot water, lighting and, Wi-Fi. The number of students sharing a flat varies between 4 and 9. There are a small number of flats where 4-5 students share one bathroom but other flats with 6-8 students share as many as three bathrooms. The bedrooms and communal areas are well kept and were recently refurbished. Some of the bigger kitchens have a sofa and each house has its own communal area with a pool table, comfy chairs and sofas plus a study area. The majority of rooms have a view of the canal and rooms most rooms on the upper floor have a balcony which is shared between 2 people. In line with most University owned accommodation on campus there is a cleaning service. Check it out for yourself on the Chancellor's Wharf website of watch the short video sent to continuing students recently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending