The Student Room Group

King Edwards Five Ways Interview

I'm dying inside. I need some news.

Has anyone received any news from Five Ways?

If so, post it down here!

C'MOOOOOOON. SOMEONE.

KTHXBYE.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Might be a bit late, I got given a conditional offer by KEFW last week and I have accepted it.

what about you, did you get a reply?
Original post by eyeman567
Might be a bit late, I got given a conditional offer by KEFW last week and I have accepted it.

what about you, did you get a reply?

Mhhm, I got it last week too I think. I've accepted and sent it off the slip :biggrin:
Reply 3
I'm really worried because I submitted my online application before the deadline. I gave my head of year the extra bit to sign and send off but I've no reply about conditional places, and everyone else has!! :frown:
Original post by shakaykay
I'm really worried because I submitted my online application before the deadline. I gave my head of year the extra bit to sign and send off but I've no reply about conditional places, and everyone else has!! :frown:

Hey don't worry. I'm almost 100% sure they don't send off all the offers in one go... Wait until first week of March before you write them off. And besides, with the King Edward schools, if they don't want you they'll write a rejection letter.
Reply 5
Original post by Jalal Uddin
Hey don't worry. I'm almost 100% sure they don't send off all the offers in one go... Wait until first week of March before you write them off. And besides, with the King Edward schools, if they don't want you they'll write a rejection letter.

Yh hope so, thanks for the optimism :smile:
Original post by shakaykay
Yh hope so, thanks for the optimism :smile:

<3

Haha don't worry. I worry a lot so I've learnt that the best thing to do is think positive. Think negative and you get bogged down with awful thoughts.
Reply 7
Does anyone know if we are still required to attend interviews or do we just need the grades and we are in? Because kefw only accept around 50-70 externals I think and it seems a lot of people have received conditional offers.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Does anyone know if we are still required to attend interviews or do we just need the grades and we are in? Because kefw only accept around 50-70 externals I think and it seems a lot of people have received conditional offers.

A conditional offer is to attend the school come September if you achieve the grades of the condition. That means there will be no interviews for those who are in the first 'batch'.

I believe all initial conditional offers have been sent off as the acceptance letter deadline was the 27th of February. Depending on how many accepted their place (most, I imagine) extra places will be distributed accordingly which may or may not be selected through interviews.

If you have a place already you're sorted. No interview!
Reply 9
Original post by jcsiah
A conditional offer is to attend the school come September if you achieve the grades of the condition. That means there will be no interviews for those who are in the first 'batch'.

I believe all initial conditional offers have been sent off as the acceptance letter deadline was the 27th of February. Depending on how many accepted their place (most, I imagine) extra places will be distributed accordingly which may or may not be selected through interviews.

Damn that was easier than I thought, just need to get them grades.
Reply 10
Damn that was easier than I thought, just need to get them grades.

I know, very odd but I have no complaints. I'm sure you'll be fine.

See you at induction day :-)
Reply 11
Original post by jcsiah

You don't know how good it is to hear that :biggrin: Only got to get them grades now, Good Luck everyone :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by ItsIzzy
You don't know how good it is to hear that :biggrin: Only got to get them grades now, Good Luck everyone :smile:

You too!

What subjects you get a conditional for?
Reply 13
You too!

What subjects you get a conditional for?

Thank you xD and English Lit, History, French and Computer Science, what about you? :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by ItsIzzy
Thank you xD and English Lit, History, French and Computer Science, what about you? :smile:

I got my conditional for English lit and lang, biology, computing and history

But I think I plan on changing history hopefully to maths.
I got my conditional for English lit and lang, biology, computing and history

But I think I plan on changing history hopefully to maths.

0.o those are pretty much all of my options haha!

My options are lit, biology, computing and history.
Didn't know you could do lit + lang together, interesting.
Reply 16
0.o those are pretty much all of my options haha!

My options are lit, biology, computing and history.
Didn't know you could do lit + lang together, interesting.
. wow isn't it crazy how we're all doing computing, how cool to know other coders xD
Original post by ItsIzzy
. wow isn't it crazy how we're all doing computing, how cool to know other coders xD

Well for coders, how cool to know other PEOPLE! haha :tongue:
I look forward to seeing y'all on induction day! Granted we get the grades 0.o
Reply 18
Well for coders, how cool to know other PEOPLE! haha :tongue:
I look forward to seeing y'all on induction day! Granted we get the grades 0.o

I honestly know little about coding but I do hope to learn a lot from the course.
I honestly know little about coding but I do hope to learn a lot from the course.

Same, I have minimal knowledge of coding - just some html, but it's fast going. It's kinda like maths, you need to practice it to remember.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending