The Student Room Group

Are the entry requirements the minimum accepted grades?

For example, King's for Law have A*AA requirements. Is is a necessity to get those grades to be able to go there or do they sometimes accept people with AAA or something like that?
Realistically people who get in will be predicted that or even above, as they are *minimum* entry requirements. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GlennWilly
For example, King's for Law have A*AA requirements. Is is a necessity to get those grades to be able to go there or do they sometimes accept people with AAA or something like that?

What it means is that they're not going to accept people who they don't feel are capable of achieving A*AA (as a minimum). If you were to get an offer and you missed it by a (small) margin, there's a chance they would still let you in. However, the kind of people getting onto that course are not the kind of people who would miss that grade.
Reply 3
Original post by colourpurple
Realistically people who get in will be predicted that or even above, as they are *minimum* entry requirements. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about if I do extremely well on the LNAT but miss A*AA and get AAA or AAB?
What about if I do extremely well on the LNAT but miss A*AA and get AAA or AAB?

AAA plus an amazing LNAT score may be CONSIDERED, especially if you have a high UMS (nearly A*- 90%) but with AAB I don't think there is a chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For example, King's for Law have A*AA requirements.Is is a necessity to get those grades to be able to go there or do they sometimes accept people with AAA or something like that?

I think even the admissions tutors cannot give you a certain answer. It really depends on the competitiveness and the no. of applicants in a particular cycle. If you have a very strong PS and a good LNAT score, your chance is high.
But I'd advise if you want to apply for KCL or any other prestigious unis, you will have to make sure your forecast grades are at least A*AA. (but AAA can be enough for Oxford.)
Reply 6
Original post by applicant2014
I think even the admissions tutors cannot give you a certain answer. It really depends on the competitiveness and the no. of applicants in a particular cycle. If you have a very strong PS and a good LNAT score, your chance is high.
But I'd advise if you want to apply for KCL or any other prestigious unis, you will have to make sure your forecast grades are at least A*AA. (but AAA can be enough for Oxford.)

Yeah, I'd prefer KCL though because they offer English and American Law and because I want to become a lawyer in America..
Unless Oxford also offer that? Doesn't say on the website..
Yeah, I'd prefer KCL though because they offer English and American Law and because I want to become a lawyer in America..
Unless Oxford also offer that? Doesn't say on the website..

Oh that's nice! Are you from the States, btw?
I'm not sure whether Oxford offers the module you want to study but if the website doesn't say so then I'm afraid that is the case.
Reply 8
Oh that's nice! Are you from the States, btw?
I'm not sure whether Oxford offers the module you want to study but if the website doesn't say so then I'm afraid that is the case.

Aha, nah.. Would be better if I was though.. Loads easier, and a extremely cool place.
I also have concerns about getting the grades, A*AA is bloody good. Don't know if I'll get it...
Thanks for the help, though :smile:
Aha, nah.. Would be better if I was though.. Loads easier, and a extremely cool place.
I also have concerns about getting the grades, A*AA is bloody good. Don't know if I'll get it... I
Thanks for the help, though :smile:

You're welcome:smile:

What grades did you get at AS level, if you don't mind me asking? Yeah, there were many people including me were scared that the A* was not attainable. But I did it eventually so you should have faith in yourself. :smile: ( I just received my A-level result recently )

Btw, have you submitted your UCAS application?
Reply 10
You're welcome:smile:

What grades did you get at AS level, if you don't mind me asking? Yeah, there were many people including me were scared that the A* was not attainable. But I did it eventually so you should have faith in yourself. :smile: ( I just received my A-level result recently )

Btw, have you submitted your UCAS application?

Oh, I'm way ahead of myself, only just picking my A-Levels! I like to have a plan so I can prepare... I'm a real weird person... :tongue: I know the outline of my plan, just the details inside...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending