The Student Room Group

Oxbridge

Hi, my predicted grades came out as A*A*B which is what I got in the mocks my teacher said she will not bump it up? Will they accept this btw I live in a bad area and come from a poor family.
Unfortunately the B will count against you. Is there no way of escalating things higher up (e.g. to the Oxbridge coordinator or school principal) to get the B changed?

Applying post-A2 with achieved grades is always an option if she really won't bump it up
Original post by SSS234574
Hi, my predicted grades came out as A*A*B which is what I got in the mocks my teacher said she will not bump it up? Will they accept this btw I live in a bad area and come from a poor family.

With oxbridge applications, you will be competing with a large volume of students, almost all who have at least the minimum grade requirements. Perhaps if you’re applying to a less competitive course, and there is a pre-interview assessment which you do very well on, there’s a chance you MAY be invited to interview, but please bear in mind that you would be competing with students who all have the minimum entry requirements and thus the chance of a successful offer is minuscule and it’s probably not worth applying in this application cycle. Can I ask what course and uni you’re hoping to apply for?
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by SSS234574

If it doesn’t meet the entry requirements, no. The lowest set of entry requirements for non-foundation courses at Oxford I’m aware of are AAA.

Is there a foundation year course offered by Oxford or Cambridge for the subject you are interested in?
Reply 4
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Unfortunately the B will count against you. Is there no way of escalating things higher up (e.g. to the Oxbridge coordinator or school principal) to get the B changed?

Applying post-A2 with achieved grades is always an option if she really won't bump it up

It is fine now. My teacher said she would bring it up due to her being away for the whole year. Thanks for the advice
Reply 5
Original post by TypicalNerd
If it doesn’t meet the entry requirements, no. The lowest set of entry requirements for non-foundation courses at Oxford I’m aware of are AAA.

Is there a foundation year course offered by Oxford or Cambridge for the subject you are interested in?

I want to study law, and my teacher said she would bring it up to an A, due to her not being here for the whole year.

Quick Reply

Latest