The Student Room Group

When is the right time to apply for student financial aid/loans as an EU student?

I actually did only receive two (from five) decisions yet.
Should I apply now, even though I don't know which unversity I will choose?
Or is it sufficient, if I apply in May?
(SAAS and Tuiton Loan)
Reply 1
Original post by samman282
(SAAS and Tuiton Loan)

I think student finance forms from the UK government are not open until April: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/eu-full-time/year-1415/new-student
Reply 2
Original post by Hanover
I think student finance forms from the UK government are not open until April: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/eu-full-time/year-1415/new-student

Thanks, but SAAS is I think? :biggrin:
Student finance is open for next academic year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by lozzielizzie
Student finance is open for next academic year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you please show me the link?
I can only find the page that says that the application form for the 2014-2015 academic year will be open in April.
Reply 5
I can't tell you exactly when it starts coz I can't remember, but I'm going to apply too, and I can recall there's plenty of time for it! Don't worry, but on the SAAS website you should be able to find everything!

Apart from the free tuitions, are EU students eligible for loans?
Reply 6
Original post by JakBeagle
I can't tell you exactly when it starts coz I can't remember, but I'm going to apply too, and I can recall there's plenty of time for it! Don't worry, but on the SAAS website you should be able to find everything!

Apart from the free tuitions, are EU students eligible for loans?

In England yes, but only for tuition loans
Reply 7
Original post by samman282
(SAAS and Tuiton Loan)

I've now moved this to the SAAS forum, as there was some confusion whether you were applying to a Scottish university or the rest of the UK where finance is different. You should apply for SAAS AFTER you've firmed an offer. As long as you apply before June 30th you'll get your funding before you start your course, so there's no rush. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending