The Student Room Group

Student loan

Hi, please I would like to ask, I am married to a UK citizen so I currently school at one of the universities in the UK but on a student visa, although my other half is British,he has lived outside of the UK for many years bit will be relocating back to the UK. So as a spouse of a British citizen who lives outside of the UK but will be relocating back to the UK, am I eligible to apply for a student loan for my undergraduate studies?
Hi Happystudent7,

Your UK national spouse must have been resident in the UK, Gibraltar, European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland for 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course for you to be eligible for funding as the family member of a UK national,

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 2
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Happystudent7,

Your UK national spouse must have been resident in the UK, Gibraltar, European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland for 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course for you to be eligible for funding as the family member of a UK national,

Thanks,
Calum

Thank you for replying. Please I would like to ask if this also applies to the uk govt student loan and every other loan service providers in the UK? Also will there be any difference if I had a spousal Visa? My course is for 3 years , what financial aid can you advise me on?
Thank you for replying
Hi Happystudent7,

I can only comment on how this relates to Student Finance England funding. I cannot give financial advice, you may wish to discuss this with your university or local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending