The Student Room Group

SFE help!?

Hi. I'm a continuing student and was a bit confused. Last year I applied as child of EU worker. My dad has received his settled status this year. I'm 21. And still have my pre-settled status. Can I apply as a home student? Or will I have to apply like last year?
Original post by bubblyoongles
Hi. I'm a continuing student and was a bit confused. Last year I applied as child of EU worker. My dad has received his settled status this year. I'm 21. And still have my pre-settled status. Can I apply as a home student? Or will I have to apply like last year?

Hi there,

You should continue to apply as the child of a Migrant Worker until you have Settled Status yourself. Once you do please let us know.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

You should continue to apply as the child of a Migrant Worker until you have Settled Status yourself. Once you do please let us know.

Thanks, Graeme

Hiya, thanks for the reply. Would I be able to receive a lower maintenance loan without applying as a child of a migrant worker (my dad's having job issues but is not unemployed yet) and then apply for the higher loan after getting my settled status in Jan?
Original post by bubblyoongles
Hiya, thanks for the reply. Would I be able to receive a lower maintenance loan without applying as a child of a migrant worker (my dad's having job issues but is not unemployed yet) and then apply for the higher loan after getting my settled status in Jan?

Hi there,

In order to qualify for any loan then you'd need to apply as above. You can select 'no' to the maximum loan if you wish the basic rate when applying. But the higher amount is not based on your Dad working, it would instead be based on the household income and they'll provide their financial details so we can assess you based on their earnings.

Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending