The Student Room Group

Why do people say they don't revise?

Scroll to see replies

I revised for my AS exams and got AABB. I didn't revise for A2 mocks and got EEB (biology, chemistry, history). Some essay subjects you really don't need to revise for but science you can't NOT revise for and still do well.

I don't know why people say they don't revise, it really annoys me. I guess they don't want to seem uncool like they don't have a life. Or they want an excuse in case they do badly.
Reply 41
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Lool.. to take the piss, I usually end up with the highest grades (I go to a crappy state school) and pretend I don't put any effort. When in actual fact, I try so hard :cry2:. We did our Economics mock and the second highest grade was a C whereas I got A* in both papers. I told the class I didn't revise and they hate me for life now :lol:. :colone: I understand your frustration.

Being a dick basically.
Reply 42
Original post by Dilzo999
Tell me in what circumstance it isn't true? The underlying fact is that if you win someone else will lose.

That's simply not true. If you manipulate your way to the top, then ok you've probably had a negative effect on other people. If you're actually good at your job though, you create wealth by benefiting your organisation/customers. You have a net positive effect. Someone may lose out, but not necessarily, and i'd hardly call it 'leaving corpses'.
I only say i haven't revised if someone is worried about an exam because they haven't revised, to make them feel better. I have never bragged it out to say i effortlessly achieve high grades though.
I got an A at as level English literature, with little to no revision
Original post by majmuh24
Why do people say they don't revise for their exams when they clearly do? It's not as if theres any shame in having to revise to get good grades, so why do people pretend they don't?

A few people do this at my school and it's really beginning to piss me off, IMO anyone who does this is a pretentious douche :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You take things too personally. How does it affect you whether people revise or not? Who cares if they pass. Just worry about yer own results dude. I NEVER revised for my exams and didnt pass many of them. This doesnt make me a complete failure. Well actually it does but you get the point.
Original post by Laomedeia
You take things too personally. How does it affect you whether people revise or not? Who cares if they pass. Just worry about yer own results dude. I NEVER revised for my exams and didnt pass many of them. This doesnt make me a complete failure. Well actually it does but you get the point.

It doesn't affect me personally, but the sheer arrogance and snobbery of people that do this frankly pisses me off, especially when they do revise and for some reason feel the need to lie about it.

This is made even worse by the fact that they mock people that do revise and when they get good grades they use the lie that they didn't revise to make them seem more intelligent that others and put them down, which is just a douchey thing to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh.....fair enough they sound like spare ends for bells.
If I'm honest, for things like maths, revision isn't necessary. All you need to do for maths is understand what you're learning; then remembering everything comes easily. I don't look down on people who revise; if anything I envy them because I'm too lazy. If I'd revised for my physics mock I would have got better than a B - for some subjects there is more to remember. If I'd revised just one thing, I could have got an A. I'm so annoyed with myself! :mad:
It's so lame when people say this lol, I think it's a better reflection on you if people think you've tried really hard rather than not put much effort in.
Why do people say they don't revise for their exams when they clearly do? It's not as if theres any shame in having to revise to get good grades, so why do people pretend they don't?

A few people do this at my school and it's really beginning to piss me off, IMO anyone who does this is a pretentious douche :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I almost stabbed my friend in the face the other day because of this. I don't think you can get 96% without feking revising when you had no understanding of half the content 2 weeks ago. It's even worse when they are really smug and patronising about it if they do better than you. :mad:

Just tell the truth it's not like anybody is going to judge you because you revised, huff.
Original post by StrangestThings
Haha I almost stabbed my friend in the face the other day because of this. I don't think you can get 96% without feking revising when you had no understanding of half the content 2 weeks ago. It's even worse when they are really smug and patronising about it if they do better than you. :mad:

Just tell the truth it's not like anybody is going to judge you because you revised, huff.

Yep, this is exactly what I mean. Having to revise isn't a bad thing, all it means that is you want to succeed and are trying hard to live up to your potential. That pisses me off so much, especially when they try and put other people down for revising (how the hell can wanting to revise be something you can mock :s-smilie:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some people genuinely can't be bothered to revise...
Original post by Seathestars
Some people genuinely can't be bothered to revise...

Fair enough.

I'm talking about the people who say they don't revise (when they usually do) and then use it as excuse to justify their bad marks if they did badly or show off about how clever they are if they do well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fair enough.

I'm talking about the people who say they don't revise (when they usually do) and then use it as excuse to justify their bad marks if they did badly or show off about how clever they are if they do well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, honestly there's nothing wrong with revising and there's no stigma attached to it... so in these cases it's just a case of trying and failing to look "cool" I guess.
Reply 55

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some just don't. I passed a physics GCSE 96%. No revision whatsoever. Other exams though like history need a lot.
Original post by mrderp28
Some just don't. I passed a physics GCSE 96%. No revision whatsoever. Other exams though like history need a lot.

Fair enough. Do you brag about it afterwards though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Fair enough. Do you brag about it afterwards though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No because it was piss easy. The 'Higher tier' had a skier on a slope and you had to point what direction he would go in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone's different, I know that to get an A or above I need to do a solid week's revision no question, but my best friend won't have to revise and she'll get an A* no problem. So maybe they're not all lying x
Reply 59
It's just a defence mechanism isn't it... incase you do bad.

I never revised at school and I did bang average. Hence why at college and now uni, I've done courses with zero exams required.

Quick Reply

Latest