The Student Room Group

German and music joint honours at Birmingham catastrophe!

Facing a bit of a problem:
I applied for German and Music at University of Birmingham, but the title was 'subject to change.' Very early in UCAS processes I emailed them asking what to apply under, and they said they'd email me when admin had a UCAS code and that the course would definitely be happening. They didn't. 1 week before deadline, I emailed again and was told i was 'left off the list' and that I should apply for modern languages and they'd process my JOINT HONOURS application for me.
I did and added 'German and Music' to my details, not to mention my entire personal statement talks only about a joint honours program.
Last week I received a modern languages offer higher than my predicted - so i called them only to be told 'we might not even be offering that course anymore.' I was told I would have information by monday - its now wednesday evening.
I have no idea whats going on and feel like Birmingham have promised me something they don't have. I'm really worried I've wasted an initial choice on them. I really liked the uni but don't think they're organised.
I was wondering if anybody else has this problem and if they've had any news?
Thanks xo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending