The Student Room Group

How to achieve an A grade in Biology?

Hi there! I'm currently preparing for my A2 biology unit 4 and 5 exams. I just wanted to create this thread to get some general advice on how to tackle them well enough to come out with an A.

I've already started revision by sticking to the spec and making notes using 2/3 text books under each heading which elaborates on each point of the spec. I then complete all summary and exam questions from the textbook and I also managed to get hold of separate exam booklets for each topic consisting of lots of questions.

After this, with roughly 2/3 months to go till exams I plan to dedicate the rest of the time purely doing past papers and learning mark schemes whilst improving any weak areas that I may feel have been flagged up by the past papers. I've also been told by a reliable source to pay key attention to examiners reports as they flag up what people do bad in each year and that's what comes up.

I just wanted to get some extra tips and tricks/advice I could use to help increase my chances of achieving an A from anyone who's achieved an A or above beforehand.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you :smile:
I'm also doing Biology and have been told to achieve an A grade I would need to do some reading up on the subject, so for example, articles and bits in the newspaper that were related to biology! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending