The Student Room Group

Uni offers and how to choose between them...?

First of all, I'm new on here so I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place, but I'm giving it a shot... Just wondering whether anyone else got all their offers now and in the (lovely but difficult) position of having to choose which one? I've got mine from Falmouth, Camberwell and Wimbledon and I want to go to all of them for different reasons...

Where has anyone else applied/ interviewed/ been offered from?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi :smile:
Well I got an offer for Leeds University a few months ago and had my heart set on it as I really liked the course and city! I also applied to Falmouth but wasn't expecting to get in because I was applying with a foundation diploma but I got an offer from them a couple of days ago.
In a complete turn around I think I'm going to Falmouth, mostly because their career prospects are so good and the course looks brilliant but I have to say the idea of living in a big city like Leeds is still appealing!
Reply 2
Original post by danielm1206
Well I got an offer for Leeds University a few months ago and had my heart set on it as I really liked the course and city! I also applied to Falmouth but wasn't expecting to get in because I was applying with a foundation diploma but I got an offer from them a couple of days ago.
In a complete turn around I think I'm going to Falmouth, mostly because their career prospects are so good and the course looks brilliant but I have to say the idea of living in a big city like Leeds is still appealing!

Yeah I know what you mean about living in the city, that's why I 'm seriously considering London, and after living my whole life like waaaay in the countryside it's even more tempting. And Falmouth seems so far away from everywhere. But EVERYONE who knows Falmouth says it's amazing there.. What course have you got the offer for?
Reply 3
I have an offer to study textile design at Falmouth! What about you? :smile:
Reply 4
Ah I currently live in Bristol, so I guess I've had a decent feel of living in a city! I've been offered a place on the BA Graphic Design course :smile:
Well, personally, I've been thinking that there's time in the future for a big city, I mean how many people can say they got to live/study in Cornwall? And Falmouth seems to have this lovely student vibe, I reckon they all make it fun out there!
Reply 5
Original post by cfath123
I have an offer to study textile design at Falmouth! What about you? :smile:

Fine Art :-) is it your first choice?
Reply 6
Original post by Mathilda5
Fine Art :-) is it your first choice?

I am pretty sure at the moment it will be. At the beginning of the whole applying process I applied to both degree and foundation courses so I had options. I was not sure if I would get offered a place without a foundation (as I'm currently doing a levels).

I have applied for the Falmouth foundation too, which is at the woodlane campus :smile: I love Falmouth and the whole vibe that the place has. I think being by the sea is fab too!
Reply 7
Having to choose between the University of Edinburgh and Newcastle University, I love them both! Both have good reputations and decent locations - love the 'big city' feel of Newcastle and the historical, and very beautiful Edinburgh. Both seem to attract a lot of really, really posh people too for some reason, haha.
Original post by Dylankj96
Having to choose between the University of Edinburgh and Newcastle University, I love them both! Both have good reputations and decent locations - love the 'big city' feel of Newcastle and the historical, and very beautiful Edinburgh. Both seem to attract a lot of really, really posh people too for some reason, haha.

Go to Edinburgh.
Reply 9
Original post by Henry_Tudor
Go to Edinburgh.

Why?
Why?

Personally I think it is probably a better uni but it depend on what course you are doing, accommodation, offer and preference. It's
Original post by Henry_Tudor
Personally I think it is probably a better uni but it depend on what course you are doing, accommodation, offer and preference. It's

At Newcastle I would be doing music (which is higher than at Edinburgh) but at Edinburgh I would be doing English Lit and Music. I really want to study English alongside music so I think Edinburgh will be my first choice. I think Edinburgh is slightly better, but there's not a massive difference between the two in terms of reputation. I got unconditionals! :colondollar:
Reply 12
Original post by Mathilda5
First of all, I'm new on here so I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place, but I'm giving it a shot... Just wondering whether anyone else got all their offers now and in the (lovely but difficult) position of having to choose which one? I've got mine from Falmouth, Camberwell and Wimbledon and I want to go to all of them for different reasons...

Where has anyone else applied/ interviewed/ been offered from?

I am stuck too!! What do you think?? I am trying to decide between Lancaster University and University of Westminster, they are supposed to be good for Fine Art if you go off the league tables :/ :/
At Newcastle I would be doing music (which is higher than at Edinburgh) but at Edinburgh I would be doing English Lit and Music. I really want to study English alongside music so I think Edinburgh will be my first choice. I think Edinburgh is slightly better, but there's not a massive difference between the two in terms of reputation. I got unconditionals! :colondollar:

I think that on prestige Edinburgh tops Newcastle by a long way, and to do English as well as Music would be fun!
Reply 14
Original post by Olivia2286
I am stuck too!! What do you think?? I am trying to decide between Lancaster University and University of Westminster, they are supposed to be good for Fine Art if you go off the league tables :/ :/

I think I'm gonna go for one of the London ones in the end.. When they're close or the same on the tables I think you just have to go on where you'd prefer to live! :-)
Reply 15

What was the interview like for the University of Leeds??
What was the interview like for the University of Leeds??

No interview or portfolio viewing, which was the initial reason I applied :smile:
Reply 17
No interview or portfolio viewing, which was the initial reason I applied :smile:

What are you studying??
What are you studying??

Currently A Levels in Art, English Lit and Economics and I applied for BA (Hons) Graphic and Communication Design, the offer is ABB.

What about you? :smile:
Reply 19
Hi guys I am currently doing a BTEC Art and Design Course and have applied to Loughborough for an Art and Design foundation course and Leeds and Manchester metropolitan undergraduate product design course. I really like loughborough a lot but im not sure if i should do the foundation course as it would mean I have to sort of repeat a year. So which would be a better choice for me, choosing the Art and Design foundation course at Loughborough or the Product design course at Leeds Metropolitan university or Manchester Metropolitan University?

Quick Reply

Latest