The Student Room Group

The Big Bang Theory has to be one of the worst sitcoms ever

Scroll to see replies

Small obscure nerd culture references does not an intelligent sitcom make. So you mentioned Star Trek, how is that meant to be funny?

And if anybody dares to say it's because I "just don't understand it", I'm going to bludgeon them to death with my textbook.
Original post by tengentoppa
I found only 2.

This:colone:
I really like it :biggrin:

(it's time like this that I'm glad neg rep was removed :redface: )
It started off well, but now:

Howard is married, no more pervy comments (which admittedly I found funny).

Raj is annoying camp and I don't know if someday he'll find a girl or become the gay character of the show.

Sheldon is trying to become more 'hip' which IMO is killing the character.

Leonard is just in a forwards-backwards relationship with Penny, which will probably (eventually) end in marriage.

Bernadette is rather pointless and has little to offer the show.

Penny I just love to drool over, but that's about it. :drool:

Amy has nothing to offer but dirty references and she's just generally an annoying character.
(edited 10 years ago)
I must admit that the show has derailed slightly since Season 4 but prior to that it was somewhat entertaining!
i used to watch it for howie :frown:

but he's the same after getting married :frown:
not*
The female characters are so annoying (really don't get this obsession with Penny, she's probably the most irritating one)

The main 4 characters are starting to change with Raj becoming more comfortable around women, Sheldon getting close to Amy etc.

But it's not the worst sitcom ever, rules of engagement is worse imo :wink:
Reply 28
Original post by tengentoppa
I found only 2.

Penny really isn't that hot.
Original post by redbull55
Anyone who finds it funny is socially irrelevant.
I think it's over-rated crap. They clearly aren't gamers, they were using laptop mouse-pads to play competitive games on an episode the other day, absolute bull.
Meh I can take it or leave it. Maybe it's because I don't watch it regularly but it looks pretty good to me.
Reply 31
Penny really isn't that hot.

What have you been smoking?!
Reply 32
Anyone who finds it funny is socially irrelevant.

Socially irrelevant? Please get off your high horse...
Original post by fijilees
What have you been smoking?!

Some very strong kush :colone:

TBH she isn't that hot in other shows/movies as she is on BBT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really like it. It's like my nerdy life.
I'm with you on this one OP. I honestly cannot even begin to understand how anybody can find that show funny. The jokes are so meh and the characters try way too hard.
Reply 36
Original post by Scorlibran
I think it's over-rated crap. They clearly aren't gamers, they were using laptop mouse-pads to play competitive games on an episode the other day, absolute bull.

Good call. They also use an Alienware Laptop.
* Alienware is for people who don't know any better - these guys are ment to be geniuses.
* Laptop for gaming? Amateurs !
Original post by INTit
Good call. They also use an Alienware Laptop.
* Alienware is for people who don't know any better - these guys are ment to be geniuses.
* Laptop for gaming? Amateurs !

But... but, I use my laptop to game!
(edited 10 years ago)
It's too fake for me. I could not for a second think they could ever be real characters. They all speak so robotically especially Amy it just gets on my nerves.

Bernadette's voice I just can't stand and I hate the faces Penny always pulls when she speaks I don't even know she just does this weird thing with her mouth kind of like pursing her lips, it's so annoying.

Leonard seems to be the main character along with Sheldon and Penny but he's the least developed one and has the personality of a goldfish.

Sheldon is obviously fake and robotic but at least he's supposed to be that way which is meant to be funny I guess (I don't personally think it's an accurate portrayal of Autism it's quite offensive actually).

The rest of the characters are fairly decent (Howard and Raj) but I think they made Raj a bit too camp now he was never like this and it's just boring now. Howard is generally my favourite.

I think it really went downhill when they introduced Amy and Bernadette, I mean come one Amy and Sheldon claim to be a couple?? And it was funnier when Howard was always this pervy creep hitting on girls but now there's none of that. The jokes are really repetitive and unfunny, I really miss the old big bang theory.:frown: They should just end it they are clearly running out of ideas.
Reply 39
Original post by Secretnerd123
I'm with you on this one OP. I honestly cannot even begin to understand how anybody can find that show funny. The jokes are so meh and the characters try way too hard.

Secretnerd in my corner yesss

Quick Reply

Latest