The Student Room Group

Cerazette (sorry if it's a bit yuck)

Scroll to see replies

I thought that I was having a period but 2 weeks later I'm still bleeding. I've phoned the doctor and they said to put up with it for another 2 weeks then go back! I work away so was on my period when I left home and will be going back still on period. I'm not sure why I was put on cerazette, was recently diagnosed pre menopausalI can't get pregnant, don't ovulate. My migraines have disappeared, was having at least 3 a week.SeX drive gone out the windows and apetite gone. Im not hungry when on a period a lot of pros and cons! I might just stop taking it, what's the worst that can happen
Mines the opposite been on it years now,ant had a period for 3yrs and even did not bleed when I run out and didn't replace them for 3 months (still no bleeding)which is a good thing but still get all the pain moods...i take evening primrose my boobs hurt really bad.but think that's a side effect ...
Hi I've only just noticed the side effect was lose of sex drive + then read your message.so I thought mine was down to other medication (antidepressants)so don't know what to think now thanks very much .....
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I'm posting anonymous because I know people on here and I don't really want people I know to recognise me.

Anyway, I started taking Cerazette (a POP contraceptive pill or mini-pill) two-and-a-half months ago, switching over from the combined pill because whilst on it I developed a condition which means that oestrogen could kill me (no joke :s). I bled for just over a week when I started it, then the bleeding stopped. The doctor said that Cerazette might stop my periods completely and I missed two periods so I assumed this to be the case. However, I missed two pills in a row (serious family stress :frown: so that i completely forgot) and then started to bleed. I've bled now for three weeks, and I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else on Cerazette? Some days it's heavier bleeding than other days when there's barely anything but it's by no means heavy, really, it's just a nuisance. I will be going to see my doctor but in the meantime if anyone's had similar experiences it'd be nice to know I guess.

Any help much appreciated :smile:

I’m on carezette too I have been for about 3 years. When I first started taking them I was religious about taking it at the same time each day, if I missed one I would bleed lightly for 2/3 weeks straight. It is a nuisance but it gets better with time. Now that’s not the case, now I occasionally spot for 3/4 days but that is it (and I mean rare occassions like every 8ish months) It stops your periods from being really heavy too which is the main reason I decided to use the pill. Just remember to take it at the same time each day if you forget you have a 3 hour window before or after the exact time, if it’s any after you may lightly bleed like a small period. And if you forget to take the pill after 11 hours from the last time you took it then your not protected from pregnancy. Hope this helped you.
Hi, I’ve been on cerazette for years and it stopped my period. I wanted to make sure everything was ok so I stopped taking it to bring a period on. Which it did, that was in April and I’ve had nothing but constant bleeding since. I’ve got the doctors Tomorrow to make sure everything is ok caus it did scare me but I know what you mean. I’ve bled for days on end then stopped a few days and now I’ve started again! You aren’t alone but if you are concerned see your doctor Hun x
Reply 45
Hi, I've just started this pill on recommendation of my Dr and was ok for the first 3 weeks was great. But now i have been bleeding for over 7 days please tell me it stops and gets easier. I feel quite drained and tired now, also quiet Fed up!!
I've been on cerazette for over a year now. I have never had my period whilst taking the pills. I only had the cerazette because I've had the implant for almost two years and all it did was make my periods worse. However whenever I stop for more than one day I am garaunteed to start bleeding heavily and having insane cramps and bloating a diarrhoea. The point is, DON'T miss your pill, I've missed my pill many times but luckily never gotten pregnant due to the fact since I have an implant. But my period would be very bad if I missed 2 days or sometimes even 1. I want into hospital for 2 days with a kidney infection meaning I didn't have access to my pills. So not only was I having a 9/10 pain in my left, I was also having BAD abdominal pain and I didn't have any pads with me which meant I had to ask my male nurse. Bottom line of this story is ALWAYS be prepared and treat it seriously. If you are sexually active not taking your pill could REALLY change your life even in one day.

Quick Reply

Latest