The Student Room Group

Best university for post grad in Marketing & Communication?

Really confused!! :confused:

Give me some ideas about the best universities in UK for marketing and communication! League tables driving me crazy!!!:mad:
Reply 1
University of Strathclyde is a fantastic business university, and they won uni of the year 2013

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Bath is pretty beastly for business
LSE - goes without saying.
Reply 3
Original post by dasul
Bath is pretty beastly for business
LSE - goes without saying.

Thanks for your reply. I will look into Bath but I went through LSE and wasn't pleased with the module they had. (sadly)
Any idea about Warwick for the marketing and communication bit?

I am looking for modules such as brand management, communications etc - so that the advertising industry remains open to me.

Any heads up would be appreciated.
Reply 4
Original post by MarkP.
University of Strathclyde is a fantastic business university, and they won uni of the year 2013

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :wink:
I have liked the university too. But the overall score on the league tables is really bad. Instead, for marketing they score high.
I'm actually confused about how to choose because most subject (marketing or communication) league tables have these universities ranked high whereas the total score given to them is low.

I have also thought about leeds, leicester, warwick, the cardiff media mba.

Can you throw some light?

How are the career prospects in Strathclyde? Any idea? :confused:

Thanks a ton anyhow!
Reply 5
Manchester and Leeds come to my mind for marketing & Comm. Both B-Schools are established and part of well known unis. Of the two, MBS has the better course
Reply 6
Thanks. That helps.

I had menchester on mind too :smile:
Reply 7
The other one is City Cass, but its tuition is rather high for both UK and overseas students.
Reply 8
Original post by Tcannon
The other one is City Cass, but its tuition is rather high for both UK and overseas students.

Do you think Leicester is good?
Reply 9
Sorry, can't say as I am not familiar with Leicester's MSc courses.
Reply 10
Original post by Tcannon
Sorry, can't say as I am not familiar with Leicester's MSc courses.

Thanks though! It really helped!
Reply 11
Hi
i have finished my grad in bachelors in Management studies and want to persue masters in uk. i have offers from Manchester for Msc Marketing and MSC International Marketing Management from leeds having a difficult choice among these. could you help out for the same

Thanks in advance.
Reply 12
Original post by Kush016
Hi
i have finished my grad in bachelors in Management studies and want to persue masters in uk. i have offers from Manchester for Msc Marketing and MSC International Marketing Management from leeds having a difficult choice among these. could you help out for the same

Thanks in advance.

Hi Kush

Are you from india?

(In case you are and the fact that you are through) Can you tell me what is the average grad score that they accept?

I have a bachelors from St Xavier's College Kolkata
(incase ur from india) and a year of work ex. hoping to apply for Marketing (and communication).

They mention a 60% and above. but what kind of socre ensures that you're being considered?

And yeah! congratulations on being chosen! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending