The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Intercollegiate Halls London

im gunna firm my offer for King's College London and i went there the other day, i only got to look around wolfson house, and it wasn't really very nice, obviously i can't be picky but have heard a little bit about the intercollegiate halls and specifically College Hall, was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what they're like? social life, prices, location, that kind of thing?
Reply 1
I was thinking about intercollegiate halls myself, mainly because they are catered which saves a lot of money. There are 5 of them which accept undergraduate students - College hall, Connaught hall, International hall, Garden halls (consist of 3 halls) and Nutford house. All of them are very well located, the first four in Bloomsbury (next to King's cross station and Euston) and Nutford house near Marble arch tube station. From what I've heard, they're quite nice.

As for fees, I calculated them on 40-week basis (that's how they're usually charged) and are for single rooms. Meals twice a day are included in the price. (note that these are based on 2013/2014 prices, new ones aren't published yet)
College hall
- £7812 (without a bathroom)
- £9212 (en suite)
Connaught hall
- £6440 (small single room without bathroom)
- £7420 (without a bathroom)
- £8820 (en suite)
International hall
- £7420 (without a bathroom)
Garden halls
a) Canterburry hall
- £7630 (without a bathroom)
- £8620 (en suite)
b) Commonwealth hall
- £7140 (without a bathroom)
- £7420 (large single room without a bathroom)
- £8620 (en suite)
c) Hughes Parry hall
- £7140 (without a bathroom)
- £7420 (large single room without a bathroom)
- £9198 (large single en suite)
Nutford house
- £5236 (mini single room without a bathroom)
- £5656 (small single room without a bathroom)
- £6580 (without a bathroom)
- £7140 (large single room without a bathroom)

Since fees on UoL official accommodation website are per day, I calculated them myself so I apologize for any mistakes.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest