The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship

Hello everybody I have a few questions and queries

Firstly I really want to do a mathematics degree and Ive recently dropped out of a foundation mathematics degree as I was not enjoying the environment people or teaching. I hated going. But I still enjoy maths and all its own problems. Would it just make sense if I studied Alevel mathematics and took my exams as I do not think these foundations/access courses are any good this is from experience with not just one.

2ndly I want to hopefully become an actuary which is why I need my maths strong and it makes sense to take a mathematics degree so i have options and not just taking actuarial science which is a bit more focused on one subject.

I also have history with in accounting which helps as maths+accounting leads to the potential a career in actuary
I have been applying for apprenticeships in accounting to get my level 4 AAT and try maybe study maths got a level as well

does any one else share the same issues as me or are applying for accounting apprenticeships within London

or any accountants/postgrad mathematicians or Accounts apprentices got any advice on what type of route i should take or is what im trying to do suitable

Quick Reply

Latest