The Student Room Group

Dental Surgery GCSE requirements help?!

I'm an AS student taking AS Biology (AQA), Chemistry (OCR A), English Lit, Philosophy and RE and I am on target for an A grade in each of my subjects. I really want to apply for Dentistry. I have done some work experience and have more lined up along with some volunteer work.

When looking through entry requirements for various universities I've noticed a lot of them require 6 or more As at GCSE- I have only 5 (I achieved As in biology, chemistry, physics, english language, english literature, Bs in maths, business, geography, music and a C in french), while I admit I could've worked harder in year 11, my school told us that GCSE's existed to get us into college so I didn't think them to be so important.

My first choice would be Leeds, which doesn't require this, but universities like Manchester and Sheffield do.

Is there any point in me applying to universities with these GCSE requirements? If they really do make such a difference in the selection process should I resit a module or two of one of my GCSEs?
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest