The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hopefully? We'll find out in 30 days
Original post by qewrtyu
gotta say I will never miss latin gcse :confused:

I would say the same, but I gotta look forwrad to a-level latin.
Original post by meessime

A level latin :eek: Nope I've given up latin for good :biggrin:
Original post by meessime

:eek: Wow I wish you the best of luck! I couldn't imagine Latin A Level... Although I do have to admit I will miss some aspects of Latin.
When it's late and I'm bored, I end up writing passages in Latin. I think I've got withdrawal symptoms.
Original post by danconway
When it's late and I'm bored, I end up writing passages in Latin. I think I've got withdrawal symptoms.
What does the note on your forehead say? The only words and phrases I can remember from latin is puella and Caecilius est in atrium (sometimes Quintus joins him), Metella est in tablino.
Edit::lolwut: to your actual comment
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by narcotica
What does the note on your forehead say? The only words and phrases I can remember from latin is puella and Caecilius est in atrium (sometimes Quintus joins him), Metella est in tablino.
Edit::lolwut: to your actual comment

It's a parking ticket. London Borough of Hounslow, if I'm not mistaken :biggrin:

Metella in the study?!? :O I thought she was confined to the atrium throughout the whole CLC...

Best line of the CLC: ancilla Grumionem delictat (The slave-girl pleases Grumio)

It's a parking ticket. London Borough of Hounslow, if I'm not mistaken :biggrin:

Metella in the study?!? :O I thought she was confined to the atrium throughout the whole CLC...

Best line of the CLC: ancilla Grumionem delictat (The slave-girl pleases Grumio)
I thought that was the kitchen:mmm: Maybe it was Caecilius then.

But you don't drive...?

HAHAHAHAA I don't remember Grumio but that was funny. Tbh I hated latin in years 7-9 and11, so my brain must've pushed out the traumatically boring bits in Book 1:biggrin:
Original post by narcotica
I thought that was the kitchen:mmm: Maybe it was Caecilius then.

But you don't drive...?

HAHAHAHAA I don't remember Grumio but that was funny. Tbh I hated latin in years 7-9 and11, so my brain must've pushed out the traumatically boring bits in Book 1:biggrin:

Ahaha no but I accompany my mum sometimes when we pick up my little sister - plenty of used parking tickets lying around the car... Though, funny you'd say that - my provisional licence came through the post a few days ago :biggrin:

Aha but Book I was the best one! It was just funny :biggrin:
And then everyone died and it got boring. And then there weren't even stories anymore; just John Taylor's sentences (there were a few gems in that book though!).

I'll kinda miss Latin. But I would hate doing it for A level :/
Ahaha no but I accompany my mum sometimes when we pick up my little sister - plenty of used parking tickets lying around the car... Though, funny you'd say that - my provisional licence came through the post a few days ago :biggrin:

Aha but Book I was the best one! It was just funny :biggrin:
And then everyone died and it got boring. And then there weren't even stories anymore; just John Taylor's sentences (there were a few gems in that book though!).

I'll kinda miss Latin. But I would hate doing it for A level :/
OOH PARKING TICKETS. I thought you meant a ticket as in a fine:rolleyes:Do you know when/if they make us change the photo for our actual license? (Because my photo is shockingly ugly even after the photographer edited it:mmm:)

I still remember when Caecilius died - it was the funniest yr 7/8 latin lesson. We did john as optional extra work...

Your afro looks so fluffy. None of my afro friends like having their hair touched:frown:
With one day to go, here are the grade boundaries....

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/176543-unit-level-raw-mark-and-ums-grade-boundaries-june-2014.pdf

What do we think?
Original post by Sneezylcb
With one day to go, here are the grade boundaries....

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/176543-unit-level-raw-mark-and-ums-grade-boundaries-june-2014.pdf

What do we think?

Pretty standard for Latin (What was I expecting?). Not particularly low in any way. Hopefully my marks live up to the typically high grade boundaries :frown:.
Reply 792
Yes still pretty high.

A402 being 50/60 for an A* seems a little lower than expected - I expected 53/54 to be the grade boundary.

Still not getting my hopes up...!

Good luck everyone!!
How did it go for everyone?
Original post by Sneezylcb
How did it go for everyone?

93, 95, 98, 100 A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
83, 95, 96, 95 - A* :smile:

(No idea what was going on with my brain for language paper 1 xD)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Well done everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 798
100 100 100 98 - a*
100, 100, 92, 100,
Congratulations everyone! We did it!! Hope you are all pleased and proud whatever you got, no grade can fully represent all the hard work we put in...

Latest

Trending

Trending