The Student Room Group

what is the worst invention in human history

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by andrew2209
Jar Jar Binks

Original post by WhimsicalSloth
The smug side of me wants to say the atomic bomb. But it's crocs, definitely crocs.

Original post by Ronove
The Ped Egg.

I mean sure, it is probably really effective. But I haven't lived in the UK for a year and a half now and I still can't get those adverts out of my head. :nooo:

These are all good choices.

When I read the title the first thing that sprang to mind was that 'Fart Smell Filter' that was on dragon's den...

http://www.shopinprivate.com/flatfarfilun.html

xxx
Original post by GnomeMage
my vote goes to vibrator.
Yeah. They should carry a warning: 'Not for oral use'. They can easily play havoc with ones teeth.
Nuclear weapons
Cars.
Reply 24
The cigarette :angry:
Reply 25

seems like a bizarre choice
Reply 26

The gun as an entity
It's difficult. I agree that Crocs are up there, along with the various imitation Croc products.

But there's also the massage cushion (those awful things you can buy to put over a chair, and it vibrates, providing no medical benefit). Actually, most 'home' versions of health products, but particularly anything a minor celebrity with nothing to do with anything can put their name on and sell at Argos.
definitely cars and engines and basically all that stuff that release tonnes of toxic chemicals into our atmosphere! the use of bicycles is good enough!
Reply 29
Original post by russellsteapot
It's difficult. I agree that Crocs are up there, along with the various imitation Croc products.

But there's also the massage cushion (those awful things you can buy to put over a chair, and it vibrates, providing no medical benefit). Actually, most 'home' versions of health products, but particularly anything a minor celebrity with nothing to do with anything can put their name on and sell at Argos.

Elle Macpherson wouldn't endorse a foot spa that doesn't improve blood circulation and leave your feetfeeling revitalised :rolleyes: I'm going to buy five of them right now!
Reply 30
Original post by Paras Agarwal
definitely cars and engines and basically all that stuff that release tonnes of toxic chemicals into our atmosphere! the use of bicycles is good enough!

Without engines, most out our technological power wouldn't have been achieved, also we would have a **** enconemy
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 31
Banking
Reply 32
Original post by Tomsta
Without engines, most out our technological power wouldn't have been achieved, also we would have a **** enconemy

Uhhh...ok... Did you mean to quote the person above me?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by syrettd
Uhhh...ok... Did you mean to quote the person above me?

i do apologise, yes i did
Reply 34
Original post by Tomsta
i do apologise, yes i did

Haha, that's ok! I got confused for a few seconds before I read the comment above mine and realised!
Reply 35
The combined trouser press and giant toastie maker that I just made up.

Any time you want to press your trousers you have to scrape off old cheese.

And if you combine the 2 you end up with a toastie with a cheese and trouser filling.
The atomic bomb, surely it's inevitable that they will be used again at some point.
Reply 37
Rap & Hip Hop
Reply 38
Original post by LickingCarpet
The atomic bomb, surely it's inevitable that they will be used again at some point.

Unless i'm mistaken didn't the Atomic Bomb pave the way for Nuclear power in general
Coleslaw

Quick Reply

Latest