The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's thread Mk IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by bubelah
Yep, you go from probationary rate to competency rate.

Currently, outside of London [there might be local variations to this], the standard probationary rate is £6.71 per hour, rising to £6.87 per hour once you've completed 26 weeks of continuous service.

That said, this will only be temporary as all band 2 and 3 colleagues will be subject to a 3% pay rise as of September [October pay packet] - so you go from £6.71 to £6.91 for probationary rate and £6.87 to £7.07 for competency.

Makes me realise how great it is I work where I do(outside London), I currently get £7.38 rising to £7.60 when we get the pay rise :smile:
Just found out I failed at the group interview stage, was told we were one of the best groups they'd had. Absolutely gutted grrrr
Looking to apply from a store role to a store support role. It's not on inside move as store support roles rarely are! Will I get told I cannot have an interview if I still apply through the main site?
Original post by theateam121
Looking to apply from a store role to a store support role. It's not on inside move as store support roles rarely are! Will I get told I cannot have an interview if I still apply through the main site?

Have you clicked on the 'store support centre' tab on inside move as I'm pretty sure most the SSC jobs are there.

Posted from TSR Mobile[ppp
Original post by matt4504
Have you clicked on the 'store support centre' tab on inside move as I'm pretty sure most the SSC jobs are there.

You are literally a genius!

Has anyone got experience of anything store support related? I work so hard at my store but get nothing out of it! I'm on the team leader academy currently and I'm just slightly worried that if I moved to store support it would be impossible to move up anywhere or move back to a store!

Also, with inside move, I guess it tells my store that I've requested a move? Do I then have to go through the normal channels of an interview, acceptance etc? I'm really not sure I want to leave my store because my loyalty is too high for them but I'm not really getting anything from them either!
You are literally a genius!

Has anyone got experience of anything store support related? I work so hard at my store but get nothing out of it! I'm on the team leader academy currently and I'm just slightly worried that if I moved to store support it would be impossible to move up anywhere or move back to a store!

Also, with inside move, I guess it tells my store that I've requested a move? Do I then have to go through the normal channels of an interview, acceptance etc? I'm really not sure I want to leave my store because my loyalty is too high for them but I'm not really getting anything from them either!

I'd just speak to your department/store manager about it. I'm sure they'll appreciate you want to move up in the company so they'll be able to offer you some advice/info.

Finished my first month as a Sainsburys Local Customer Service Assistant

I love it! Just getting used to the 8/ hour shifts, my feet always hurt.

So is it payday tomorrow? Woop! What time would the money be in my account?
woo been paid early
Original post by bubelah
Yep, you go from probationary rate to competency rate.

Currently, outside of London [there might be local variations to this], the standard probationary rate is £6.71 per hour, rising to £6.87 per hour once you've completed 26 weeks of continuous service.

That said, this will only be temporary as all band 2 and 3 colleagues will be subject to a 3% pay rise as of September [October pay packet] - so you go from £6.71 to £6.91 for probationary rate and £6.87 to £7.07 for competency.

Ahhh okay, thank you for your reply and your help! Woohoo for the pay rise 👌😊
To anyone who has used inside move it says 'Please can you confirm you have informed your line manager.'

So we have to tell our line manager before we can apply for a job on inside move? I thought the whole point was seeking out new opportunities without our current store knowing we were plotting to leave. I've been very misled I think.

That'll create one awkward conversation tomorrow if I have to tell him.
Also, I worked Good Friday 6 hours, Easter Saturday 8 hours, Easter Sunday 6 hours and Easter Monday 6 hours.

What extra pay will I be getting tomorrow from this?
Original post by mylesminott
Also, I worked Good Friday 6 hours, Easter Saturday 8 hours, Easter Sunday 6 hours and Easter Monday 6 hours.

Bank holidays are paid at a premium. I think it's an extra £2.53 an hour.

So good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday are classified as bank holidays. But Easter Saturday is not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should do, I think it was something ridiculous like "time and a fifth" though :rolleyes:
Just been paid. :biggrin: I'm now happy for another month. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elzinger
Bank holidays are paid at a premium. I think it's an extra £2.53 an hour.

So good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday are classified as bank holidays. But Easter Saturday is not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by muchoonellykins
You should do, I think it was something ridiculous like "time and a fifth" though :rolleyes:

Thanks guys! Looking forward to a handsome sum later on then! (First payday)
To anyone who has used inside move it says 'Please can you confirm you have informed your line manager.'

So we have to tell our line manager before we can apply for a job on inside move? I thought the whole point was seeking out new opportunities without our current store knowing we were plotting to leave. I've been very misled I think.

Well you're basically asking to leave your current job so you have to tell the manager...

Reply 396

As far as I know, premiums don't apply in convenience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 397

That is never how Inside Move has been sold.

Of course you have to tell your current manager, can you imagine how far down the crapper the company would be if every disgruntled employee transferred to another store for "new opportunities" or essentially just to get one over on their manager?

The moment you press send or apply, it forwards an ITRF [Internal Transfer Request Form] directly to your base [current] store's manager email ID that summarises everything you've put in your application. Your manager adds what he/she wants to add/checks what you've put is correct, and then forwards it on to your requested transfer store.
Reply 398
I have now left my work at sainsburys but I have issues with my pay as I am being underpaid. Who can I contact??

Thank you
Original post by MrSanj
I have now left my work at sainsburys but I have issues with my pay as I am being underpaid. Who can I contact??

Thank you

If you are close to your store, pop in for a chat with HR? If not, there is a generic hr email address that varies according to store name I can PM you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending