The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's thread Mk IV

Scroll to see replies

What are the chances of being transferred to another sainsburys when I move in a few months? Thanks in advance!
Original post by SSD2001
I received this email
Please be advised that the deadline to completeWelcome to Sainsbury's Induction - Declaration is/was23 November 2017. You should visit My Sainsbury's Learning to complete this as soon as possible.

But when I go to log in it does not work with my own personal email address.

You have a unique Sainsburys address. Ring your store, they’ll tell you what it is
Original post by Lobster3789
What are the chances of being transferred to another sainsburys when I move in a few months? Thanks in advance!

Higher if you talk about it now. Talk to your line manager and explain dates and locations. The earlier you look into it the better your chances.
If nothing comes from your manager, contact the store manager from the store you want to go to and explain that you’re moving and you want to transfer, and will they have a job available.
Original post by mistypoison
Yeah my store is really badly run. On the oursainsburys website it asked me to confirm that I've had 4 weeks of fresh food skills training and my 4 week review declaration, I had to say no lol. Probably why they told me to come in for "training"

Compared to like 5 years ago , training for colleagues is a lot less , i think its more about the team leaders now , gone stagnant.
We are allowed 5 days off before we need a doctors note? Does this include in-between shifts or just the shifts you work? (so 5 shifts off then you need a doctors note, or 5 days of no work)

I work sunday and friday (But I said I would do over-time on thursday) I've already taken off Sunday, but I don't think I will be able to return until this Sunday coming up.
We are allowed 5 days off before we need a doctors note? Does this include in-between shifts or just the shifts you work? (so 5 shifts off then you need a doctors note, or 5 days of no work)

I work sunday and friday (But I said I would do over-time on thursday) I've already taken off Sunday, but I don't think I will be able to return until this Sunday coming up.

You can self certify for 7 days. This is days and not number of shifts. For the 8th day onwards, you need a doctors note. So in your case, you can self certify up until and including Saturday.
Reply 7446
got my induction tomorrow, do i need to take my NI card or just my passport?
Original post by e^x
got my induction tomorrow, do i need to take my NI card or just my passport?

Just your passport.
Reply 7448
Just your passport.

thanks
Does anyone know what an in store merchandiser is and what the role consists of? Do they actually work for sainsbury's or?
I had emergency tax taken out of my first paycheck, I didn't get it back with my second paycheck!? What do I do?
I had emergency tax taken out of my first paycheck, I didn't get it back with my second paycheck!? What do I do?

https://www.which.co.uk/money/tax/income-tax/guides/tax-codes-and-paye/emergency-tax-codes

This explains everything hopefully.
I had my first proper shift today and I was "buddied" up with a team leader. Does anyone know what you do on your second day and do you go to your manager daily to find out what needs to be done?
Original post by SSD2001
I had my first proper shift today and I was "buddied" up with a team leader. Does anyone know what you do on your second day and do you go to your manager daily to find out what needs to be done?

Depending on what needs doing you’ll be buddied again or if it’s the same stuff you may be working alone. Depends who’s in really. I would advise finding a manager/team leader when you arrive to find out what they want you to do. If you can’t find one, someone else on your department should be able to help
How do people get through the monotony of their departmental work??
One of my team leaders gave me a warning for being "too quiet"!? She said I needed to participate more in the team. Which is hilarious when I am scheduled a 4 hour shift doing fresh by myself.

Also when I am in a team, my colleagues send me to work by myself because I am use to it. So idk who I am meant to be talking to lol.
Original post by Ze Witcher
How do people get through the monotony of their departmental work??

Probably bad but I constantly check the time and add how many hours are left until I can go home. Also I will choose a food I am going to buy to take home for dinner whilst stacking the fridges (also bad) I also sigh alot.

actually I probably need someone to answer this as well.
Hiya, I have my induction day tomorrow and it’s only just occurred to me that the induction starts at 8am but the store opening hours are from 10am onwards, is there a separate employee entrance or will the main entrance be open? Also I was told I would need to sign in as a visitor as I did on my induction, will there be someone on customer service to let me do this as the store isn’t officially open.
If I’d had realised this earlier I would’ve rung the store but I’m a bit late 😬
Original post by bethaniteddy
Hiya, I have my induction day tomorrow and it’s only just occurred to me that the induction starts at 8am but the store opening hours are from 10am onwards, is there a separate employee entrance or will the main entrance be open? Also I was told I would need to sign in as a visitor as I did on my induction, will there be someone on customer service to let me do this as the store isn’t officially open.
If I’d had realised this earlier I would’ve rung the store but I’m a bit late 😬

Hi! Congrats on your job! When I went for my induction about 8 months ago (yes i'm still there!) I just went to the custmour service desk. Night staff could still be in, or the checkout supervioers are sometimes in early, so someone will be there to let you in, and get you signed in! What department are you on, are you a temp? Danny
Original post by danielfrost759
Hi! Congrats on your job! When I went for my induction about 8 months ago (yes i'm still there!) I just went to the custmour service desk. Night staff could still be in, or the checkout supervioers are sometimes in early, so someone will be there to let you in, and get you signed in! What department are you on, are you a temp? Danny

Thank you!! I’m in fresh foods and yes I’m a temp but was told on the interview there’s a good chance of being kept on afterwards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending