The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's thread Mk IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxvine
Guys i heard our pay is going up....by how much exactly?

Woo!
Nearly payday!!!! Wooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
When is pay day guys?
how the hell am i supposed to fill out the holiday form?
Original post by EffKayy
When is pay day guys?
only a few hours away :smile:
Original post by jordanneedsafork
how the hell am i supposed to fill out the holiday form?

Anything that isn't highlighted/blacked out that you want to take off as Holiday you tick then give it in to your line manager/duty manager
Original post by snakeydave24
Anything that isn't highlighted/blacked out that you want to take off as Holiday you tick then give it in to your line manager/duty manager

That's not how it works in my store?

You right the number of hours you want off for each day and they either approve or decline

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1587
If you are off sick for a week and you are part time 15hours over 3 days, would you get paid for it? I know after first 3 shifts you need a sick note. (On the latest contract)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hasm
If you are off sick for a week and you are part time 15hours over 3 days, would you get paid for it? I know after first 3 shifts you need a sick note. (On the latest contract)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do, thanks for the heads up, I'm currently off sick at the moment and wasn't sure what I had to do when I go back hopefully on Sunday

Original post by elzginger
That's not how it works in my store?

You right the number of hours you want off for each day and they either approve or decline

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might be different store by store but then again I only do 4 hours a day + Mega Overtime, I gave it in and my line manager signed it and gave the form back to me, if you are unsure just ask them, they are there to help
Hey guys, I have had a Google and a search through this thread but was wondering if anyone could help me. I have just got a job as a general assistant on nights, 3 nights 9pm until 7am and 1 night on 10pm until 7am. I have my induction next Tues, Weds and Thurs from 9am until 5pm. The info I have gotten from googling is that this will probably be 2 days induction and 1 day till training. Out store closes at 11pm so will I need to be till trained if I'm on nights? Is anyone on nights and had to attend the 3 full days of induction? Many thanks :-)
Original post by Nicnic30
Hey guys, I have had a Google and a search through this thread but was wondering if anyone could help me. I have just got a job as a general assistant on nights, 3 nights 9pm until 7am and 1 night on 10pm until 7am. I have my induction next Tues, Weds and Thurs from 9am until 5pm. The info I have gotten from googling is that this will probably be 2 days induction and 1 day till training. Out store closes at 11pm so will I need to be till trained if I'm on nights? Is anyone on nights and had to attend the 3 full days of induction? Many thanks :-)

I've never heard of a three day induction. Normally two.

And night shift are not normally till trained, but if you want any overtime on their department then you can always asked to be till trained.

They may have just had the third date as a backup if they over run but i'd expect it to be done in two. I had mine in one day when I joined a few years back, but not as nightshift.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What period of time doe's the monthly wage cover? I think I got paid the wrong amount... I started on the 3rd of Aug and counted the hours from then to the end of last week to calculate how much I received, is this the correct period of time?
Original post by coolerthanbeans
What period of time doe's the monthly wage cover? I think I got paid the wrong amount... I started on the 3rd of Aug and counted the hours from then to the end of last week to calculate how much I received, is this the correct period of time?

It'll be anything you worked from 3rd August until Saturday 30th August (the 30th is included) :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1593
Original post by snakeydave24
Do, thanks for the heads up, I'm currently off sick at the moment and wasn't sure what I had to do when I go back hopefully on Sunday

Might be different store by store but then again I only do 4 hours a day + Mega Overtime, I gave it in and my line manager signed it and gave the form back to me, if you are unsure just ask them, they are there to help

Same I was off sick this week am back in on Monday so just wondering if they'll give me sick pay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the You Can Be... Team Leader programme do you have to be full time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hasm
Same I was off sick this week am back in on Monday so just wondering if they'll give me sick pay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe you need to have been employed for 2 years to be entitled to sick pay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1596
Original post by thatg
Yep, up to 20% on Vodafone. Take a look at extra colleague benefits on mySainsbury's.

Thanks. Do you know if i have to wait until I've been working there for six months or if i can get it as soon as i start in a few weeks?
Original post by Velvetgh0st
For the You Can Be... Team Leader programme do you have to be full time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No i was on 16 hours a week and on the program. You're expected to be able to complete your training within your normal working hours but I've ended up doing a lot of overtime to complete it, which my store does not pay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks like I'm going to have to look for a new job, how do sainsburys expect a 17 year old doing their a2's to work 16 hours (8-5 on saturdays) it's ridiculous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tunjii
Looks like I'm going to have to look for a new job, how do sainsburys expect a 17 year old doing their a2's to work 16 hours (8-5 on saturdays) it's ridiculous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unless they've changed your hours, that's what you signed up to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending