The Student Room Group

WJEC - Official BY2 Discussion - 02/06/14

Discussion and revision for WJEC BY2!

Good luck.

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Has anybody got the BY2 summer 2013 markscheme? Cheers
Reply 4
What do you all think the essay will be?
Original post by Sophiee7
What do you all think the essay will be?

I'll have to look at past papers to guess.
Reply 6
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'll have to look at past papers to guess.

True, are you also taking this paper? If so, how's your revision going?
True, are you also taking this paper? If so, how's your revision going?

I am indeed.

Urmmm need to learn plants and then I'm fine I think.

You?
Reply 8
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I am indeed.

Urmmm need to learn plants and then I'm fine I think.

You?

Good luck, im sure you'll be fine... Let me know on the day how you found it and i will too.

I need to still do a few more topics then hopefully, i'll be ok
Reply 9
Has anyone got a copy of the BY2 Jan 2014 paper?
I looking for it to0
Reply 11
The closest i can get to is the examiners report for January 2014, which is this:

http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/publications/19975.pdf

Hope it helps
Reply 12
Popped in to say "Good luck to you all! Hope you will pass this exam with flying colors" :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
How's everyone's revision going for BY1 and 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Quite nervous as to the type of questions they will give us?
Reply 15
Quite nervous as to the type of questions they will give us?

Same here..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16

Hope there not that difficult or ambiguous tbh, and hoping the essay is good too..
The essay is key, if its an easy 10 marks then all you need is about 40/60. For an A which is fairly straight forward on like 35/60 for a B again not very hard to get under 60%.
Reply 18
Original post by HighSinBerg
The essay is key, if its an easy 10 marks then all you need is about 40/60. For an A which is fairly straight forward on like 35/60 for a B again not very hard to get under 60%.

True, hope we have a straight forward essay, where it would be possible to gain near enough if not full marks
Im improving yaay :biggrin:, got a C on my BY2 January 2014 mock in class; much better than the E in the June 2013 paper (college mock). Feels like revision is paying off. A nice essay in the exam and a few more days of revision I should be hitting an A/B. :biggrin:

Quick Reply