The Student Room Group

A/S physics alternative to practical advice please!

So we finished our A/S physics syllabus about 20 days ago and I printed all past papers for Units 1, 2 and alternative to practical. And Im planning to start off with the practical papers since its the most recent exam coming up. But I don't know how to study for the alternative to practical paper and Im starting o stress about it because I feel bit back. My teacher says to read all the experiments in the book and do the past papers without having the book opened, I dont know if that's the best way to do so. Some advice from you buddies would be really appreciated!
Reply 1
Moved to Physics Exams forum :h:
Reply 2
its more of just understanding the general pattern of how to get marks for every practical
for example you dont need to learn all the specific experiments just need to know that out of 20 1 will be for units on the top of the table 1 for the gradient of the line of best fit which is also another mark....
this general pattern will get you your marks. i used it and i got 39/40 in my AS practicals and have so far got 2 marked and both are 100%
Reply 3
Original post by nmjasdk
its more of just understanding the general pattern of how to get marks for every practical
for example you dont need to learn all the specific experiments just need to know that out of 20 1 will be for units on the top of the table 1 for the gradient of the line of best fit which is also another mark....
this general pattern will get you your marks. i used it and i got 39/40 in my AS practicals and have so far got 2 marked and both are 100%

@nmjasdk, thanks for your reply

So you advise me start past papers right away or read through some experiments and then go into past papers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 4
Original post by Nirgilis
Moved to Physics Exams forum :h:

Sorry Nirgilis, I'm a newbie here, getting used to being here as fast as I can.

Reply 5
Original post by fawzi963
Sorry Nirgilis, I'm a newbie here, getting used to being here as fast as I can.

Really don't worry about it at all! :h: . I'm here to make sure your stuff is in the right place and you get the answers you need :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending