The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
Pretty much every UK newspaper and several in Germany/Spain now reporting Arsenal's interest in Martinez

Every summer I get sucked into transfer rumours like this one, even though I know deep down it's a vicious cycle.

Original post by De Chirico
Every summer I get sucked into transfer rumours like this one, even though I know deep down it's a vicious cycle.

LOL wenger probably only going to sing a couple 17 year olds with world class "Potential"! and people dreaming about martinez, di maria, benzema etc Classic Arsenal fans, we should all be smarter than that by now.
Reply 2523
Diego from athletico is out of contract this summer, wouldn't mind him on the free and nor would Wenger :wink:
Original post by SHOO
Diego from athletico is out of contract this summer, wouldn't mind him on the free and nor would Wenger :wink:

Meh we already people like him in our squad.
Reply 2525
Original post by Kruz
Meh we already people like him in our squad.

Adds to the depth.. For free?

These Martinez rumours are really beginning to heat up now :O

If it goes through, it'll be a £35-40m deal because there's no way Munich would want to make a loss on him and I assume he has something like 3 years left on his contract still?

That move would definately put Draxler off the books.. Which is fair enough because if we can get someone older, more experienced and more proven than Draxler why not?

And where are all the striker talks at? We desperately need a striker too or it'll be the same thing all over again
Original post by SHOO
Adds to the depth.. For free?

These Martinez rumours are really beginning to heat up now :O

If it goes through, it'll be a £35-40m deal because there's no way Munich would want to make a loss on him and I assume he has something like 3 years left on his contract still?

That move would definately put Draxler off the books.. Which is fair enough because if we can get someone older, more experienced and more proven than Draxler why not?

And where are all the striker talks at? We desperately need a striker too or it'll be the same thing all over again

But Bayern will want what they paid for him, and yeah Draxler has a regressed a bit. He wasn't even named in the German squad.
Original post by Kruz
But Bayern will want what they paid for him, and yeah Draxler has a regressed a bit. He wasn't even named in the German squad.

He has been named in the provisional squad tbf, but will probably be cut for the final squad.
Reply 2528
Original post by Kruz

Yeah so, they bought him for £32m.. And he has a few years left on his contract. I'd assume they'd want near the £35m mark for him.

Is the German World Cup squad out?
Reply 2529
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1399548348.611811.jpg

Look at that LOL, it's just unfair
Original post by Zürich
He has been named in the provisional squad tbf, but will probably be cut for the final squad.

Yeah Gundogan, Gomez, Adler, Ter Stegen were not named.

Original post by SHOO
Yeah so, they bought him for £32m.. And he has a few years left on his contract. I'd assume they'd want near the £35m mark for him.

Yeah they'll probably want that, yeah the german squad is out. They have just announced it
Reply 2531
Original post by SHOO

The provisional squad is. Draxler's chances of making the final squad are alright, first ones that will be left out are Hahn, Mustafi, Goretzka, Meyer etc. He's been good since coming back from injury really. Don't think he's regressed either, just struggled to cope with the huge pressure on him (which is why he shouldn't move anywhere yet).

Regarding Martínez. Pep: "As long as I am here, Martínez will be here. He is essential for Bayern."

And all the papers in Spain and Germany are quoting the same source, i.e. the Telegraph. Much ado about nothing probably.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2532
Original post by Kruz
Yeah Gundogan, Gomez, Adler, Ter Stegen were not named.

Yeah they'll probably want that, yeah the german squad is out. They have just announced it

Omg, Gundogan and Gomez wernt named?! Damn! I bet Gundogan must be thinking he should have chosen turkey lol

Did ozil, per & Podolski make it?
Original post by SHOO
Omg, Gundogan and Gomez wernt named?! Damn! I bet Gundogan must be thinking he should have chosen turkey lol

What? Gundogan hasnt played football in a year, it would be suicidal to take an unfit player to the WC.
Original post by SHOO

Lol why? He's been injured the entire season. Only played one game

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2535
Original post by SHOO

Yes, the Arsenal boys are in.

Gündogan isn't even in training and won't be for some time, he should be out. Gomez has been injured a lot and there are better alternatives, e.g. Volland.
(edited 9 years ago)
Max Kruse missed out, he started off well but he faded off. Stefan Kiessling, safe to say I don't think he'll ever be called up again. I think him a Joachim have some issues. Why isn't Ter Stegen going he's much better than Ron Robert Zieler.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2537
Original post by qua
Yes, the Arsenal boys are in.

Gündogan isn't even in training and won't be for some time, he should be out. Gomez has been injured a lot and there are better alternatives, e.g. Volland.

Khadira got picked though, and he's been out all season?
Reply 2538
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
What? Gundogan hasnt played football in a year, it would be suicidal to take an unfit player to the WC.

Original post by B-Stacks
Lol why? He's been injured the entire season. Only played one game

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its because Khadira made it.. well according to the website I was reading from and hes been out all season too =\

And I didn't know he was injured all season :P
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2539
Original post by SHOO
Khadira got picked though, and he's been out all season?

Difference is that Khedira has been in training for weeks whereas Gündogan can't even run. His back hasn't healed yet and it's unclear when (and if) it will. If he's lucky he can start the next season normally.

The bigger joke is Sven Bender not making it...

Latest