The Student Room Group

Possible grades

I'm one of the top students in my year but my grades don't reflect that. Need to revise a lot as well but simply do not have the determination to do so. So I ask, which grades do you think are possible to me and how can I improve them? Any little revision I'm doing is not sticking.:eek: I'm including what my coursework is /grades I'm working at below.

Predicted / Current

Maths - A* / A
Lit - A / B (possible for an A* overall?)
Lang - A / B (same as above?)
French - A / B-C (possible for an A overall through exams?)
Biology - A* / A (middle A on ISA)
Chemistry - A* / D (the worst but A* on ISA)

Not to worried about the rest but really struggling with these. Just want to know what you guys think is possible for me to achieve in exams (e.g If I get a B overall on Coursework can I still get an A/A* overall?)
Reply 1
Bump...
Reply 2
Maths - A* - Looking at your current grade now, you'll be fine with a little revision.
Lit - A/A* - If your coursework is a middle/high B, you can still get an A* but only if you get a secure A* in your exam.
Lang - A/A* - Same as above.
French - A - Definitely possible if your coursework is at least a high C/ low B, if you can an A/A* in your reading and listening exams then you should be on track for an A.
Biology - A* - Same as maths.
Chemistry - A* - You may think it's impossible but it's not. With intense revision, you can still get an A*.

For revision:

Science revision - My gcse science (youtube), revision guides and past papers.
Maths revision - Mathswatch, revision guide/workbook and past papers.
English - Mr Bruff (youtube) and past papers. Make sure you know all of your literature texts and poems!
French - Go over topics that always come up like healthy eating, holidays, free time, etc.

Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Simmmi02
Maths - A* - Looking at your current grade now, you'll be fine with a little revision.
Lit - A/A* - If your coursework is a middle/high B, you can still get an A* but only if you get a secure A* in your exam.
Lang - A/A* - Same as above.
French - A - Definitely possible if your coursework is at least a high C/ low B, if you can an A/A* in your reading and listening exams then you should be on track for an A.
Biology - A* - Same as maths.
Chemistry - A* - You may think it's impossible but it's not. With intense revision, you can still get an A*.

For revision:

Science revision - My gcse science (youtube), revision guides and past papers.
Maths revision - Mathswatch, revision guide/workbook and past papers.
English - Mr Bruff (youtube) and past papers. Make sure you know all of your literature texts and poems!
French - Go over topics that always come up like healthy eating, holidays, free time, etc.

Good luck! :biggrin:

Really appreciate it mate! Thanks for the resources, I will be using them well! This has motivated me that it is possible.:wink:
Reply 4
Any more points of view?
Original post by ItssGoood
I'm one of the top students in my year but my grades don't reflect that. Need to revise a lot as well but simply do not have the determination to do so. So I ask, which grades do you think are possible to me and how can I improve them? Any little revision I'm doing is not sticking.:eek: I'm including what my coursework is /grades I'm working at below.

Predicted / Current

Maths - A* / A
Lit - A / B (possible for an A* overall?)
Lang - A / B (same as above?)
French - A / B-C (possible for an A overall through exams?)
Biology - A* / A (middle A on ISA)
Chemistry - A* / D (the worst but A* on ISA)

Not to worried about the rest but really struggling with these. Just want to know what you guys think is possible for me to achieve in exams (e.g If I get a B overall on Coursework can I still get an A/A* overall?)

If you give us the exact UMS you got for specific modules (giving the exact specifications) we can calculate precisely what the maximum grades you can get are, and approximately what marks you need for specific grades. But the information you gave is much too vague.

Quick Reply

Latest