The Student Room Group

Is it possible to do well in uni with minimum entry

I was wondering if it possible to get first class honours in univeristy while only meeting the minimum entry requirements for university
Reply 1
I mean although previous grades can be an indicator of your potential in the next stage of your education, it does not entirely determine your future. University is different for everyone, and assuredly the progress you make will be by how much effort you put in and how well you enjoy your course. It is possible to achieve a first-class degree even if you consider yourself to have poor A-level/other qualification grades, its just important to get yourself organised and thinking ahead about what you want to do to achieve success.
(edited 6 months ago)
Of course.
Reply 3
Work your socks off - and all things are possible.
Reply 4
I wasn't even in the minimum reqs and I got a first, of course it is possible.
Original post by Bryanruizdav3
I was wondering if it possible to get first class honours in univeristy while only meeting the minimum entry requirements for university

Hey @Bryanruizdav3,

University is absolutely what you make of it - it’s definitely possible to get a first class degree, no matter what grades you came into university with. Obviously this isn’t without hard work, but that’ll be the same for everyone, no matter what grades they started with! You might have found that the teaching or type of assessment didn’t fit with the way you work for your sixth form/college qualifications, and may find the opposite for University. It’s a very different work environment, so you might actually find you gel really well with your new degree!

The best advice I can give (as someone who’s done two degrees and works with students now!) is to keep on top of your workload, and make the most of academic office hours/availability. Having to catch up on loads of work is never fun, and can make it more difficult if you're aiming for those top grades. Building a good relationship with your lecturers is really helpful too - always chat to them if you’re struggling, as they’ll usually be really happy to help you work through any issues you’re facing. Dropping them an email or staying after a lecture to ask any questions about the content that you’re not sure on is always helpful, as it means you can be confident of your understanding of the topic when it comes to assessments, exams etc!

I hope that helps - good luck with your course if you’re just starting!
All the best,
Becky
University of Salford Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending