The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Queen Mary University of London vs. Kent university for History and Film

Basically, I've got a mere few days to decide between my top 2 choices, and I am so incredibly stuck, just want to hear others opinions.
Either Kent or Queen Mary are going to be my top choice University, both have the same grade boundaries, and I'm looking at studying history and film.
However, they are completely different. One is a campus uni in the East of London, the other a big uni in the small town of Canterbury.
I firstly visited Kent, and loved the community campus feel and vibe of the place, and could imagine myself there.
However, when I researched and saw Queen Mary it completely threw me. Queen Mary is a Russel Group university, with a better sounding course and obviously it's in a much more thriving environment.
The thing is, I love London, but I think it may be too much to live there, and I didn't feel particularly comfortable at the university, nor could I see myself their. The experience of going to university to me is just as important as the degree to me, and I felt like Queen Mary may be almost entirely academic and sport focused, rather than about the experience (Anyone who goes their, is this deemed an accurate impression, or way off?)
However, I perhaps feel I may be missing out on more opportunities at the less prestigious university, in a tiny town, compared to the experience that I could have in London.
Reckon it's more important to study in a place you feel comfortable and think you'd be happy at, or the university with the more interesting course and location which pushes you far and beyond your comfort zone, even if you're not sure it's the university for you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending