The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

You have decided! Now what?! Answering questions!!

Finally! decisions have been made! Now it's time to take final exams and prepare for uni life! I'm here to help with any doubts and questions you may have!

Just ask! :biggrin:
Are you a RHUL Student?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by absurdity69
Are you a RHUL Student?

Yeap! I'm a first year Economics student.
Original post by Giu94
Yeap! I'm a first year Economics student.

me too!
does anyone have a sample of what a typical lunch / dinner menu looks like?
Which hall? The food in Founders vs KW vs The Hub is quite different.

Original post by lovelybonesthe
does anyone have a sample of what a typical lunch / dinner menu looks like?
Original post by absurdity69
Which hall? The food in Founders vs KW vs The Hub is quite different.

whichever reid students eat at :smile:
Reply 7
What happens at the end of the year. Can you leave after exams? Do you move out on the Friday of the last term or the Saturday?
You can move out after exams yeah, but you have to be out by the Saturday, i think mid-morning too.
Reply 9
Original post by jenzo29
What happens at the end of the year. Can you leave after exams? Do you move out on the Friday of the last term or the Saturday?

Hi jenzo29!
Once you have finished your exams you don't have any other "formal" appointment at the university, so technically you're free to go. However, there are a lot of other events taking place at the end of the summer term, such as the famous Summer Ball and department events, such as the Economics BBQ.
I'm not sure about when you have to leave your accommodation because I live out campus, but I'm sure you can find this information on the RHUL website.

Cheers!
Reply 10
Original post by jenzo29

You can leave at any point after exams, but as Giu mentioned there's summer events that happen on campus, so you may well want to stay for them. Plus it's accommodation you've paid for :tongue:

There's one academic thing you may want to stay for, and that's the departmental end-of-year results. Your grades for the year go out in waves of increasing detail for some reason - in the last couple of days of term in Geology we have pass/fail lists in the department, then informal meetings with personal advisors to discuss subject letter grades (i.e. A/B/C... percentage grades are released online early in July). That may be the same in other departments also.

You have to be moved out of your room by 10am on the Saturday after term ends. This year it's the 14th of this month.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending