The Student Room Group

Which masters? Need a career advice

Hello everyone as this is my first post.

I am about to graduate with BSc Computer Networks from Middlesex University this year but I would like to change direction. I know this is not well respected university and I did not care about it when I was applying as I thought I would come back to my home country after the course and diploma from any university in the UK would be better than the one from uni in my country. So far I have received offers from Birkbeck for MSc Investment Management and Queen Mary MSc Banking and Finance both part time. I can't afford to do them full time as I invested majority of the money I had(this is actually how I become interested in finance - I started investing). I am also 25 years old and I would rather like to start working full time now instead of prolonging my education. For these two reasons I want to do that part time. I was also considering Birkbeck's graduate diploma in Finance and after MSc Finance at Birkbeck or other good university. Also the graduate diploma may be the only way for me to get to top universities. What route would be the best? Starting MSc now or to do graduate diploma and then try to get to a better university?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending