The Student Room Group

Should I stay at current school's sixth form?

Right now I'm focusing on exams, but I haven't made my mind where i want to go to next, after GCSE's. At the moment I have two offers, one from my current school's sixth form and a conditional offer from St Dominic's Sixth Form College(In Harrow)

What's weird is that initially I wanted to go to St Dom's because it's statistically the second best college in the country, and everyone say's the teaching is excellent.

But now I just feel like staying at my school's sixth form because its closer and I guess its more familiar to me. To be honest, my school's sixth form is not particularly great, in terms of a level grades.

Does it really matter what sixth form/college you go to? Will it have a big impact at A Level if like the standards are worse at my current school's sixth form?? What would you do?? Thanks.
Original post by DDan123
Right now I'm focusing on exams, but I haven't made my mind where i want to go to next, after GCSE's. At the moment I have two offers, one from my current school's sixth form and a conditional offer from St Dominic's Sixth Form College(In Harrow)

What's weird is that initially I wanted to go to St Dom's because it's statistically the second best college in the country, and everyone say's the teaching is excellent.

But now I just feel like staying at my school's sixth form because its closer and I guess its more familiar to me. To be honest, my school's sixth form is not particularly great, in terms of a level grades.

Does it really matter what sixth form/college you go to? Will it have a big impact at A Level if like the standards are worse at my current school's sixth form?? What would you do?? Thanks.

If you're happy where you are, then stay! Just because its the best academically, doesn't necessarily mean its the best for you. Speaking from experience here, I ended up moving back in the end anyway. PM if you want further advice/want to hear my story lol

Quick Reply

Latest