The Student Room Group

Revised Higher Chemistry 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by It'sTriggy
What did you all put for the thing least likely to contain esters in the multiple choice?

I put toothpaste. you?
Reply 21
Same seen that question in a past paper before and the answer was toothpaste
Reply 22
Do you think the pass mark for an A will stay at 72, increase or decrease? And how do you feel about that paper compared to the past 2 years?
Reply 23
Arg am so annoyed when I came out there were so many people who got different answers to what I put and I forgot so much of the easy stuff had a total mind blank
Do you think the pass mark for an A will stay at 72, increase or decrease? And how do you feel about that paper compared to the past 2 years?

I think it will be lowered. Dont know if thats just my wishful thinking though!- But it did feel harder so I think maybe 68
Reply 25
Original post by gymnast007
I think it will be lowered. Dont know if thats just my wishful thinking though!- But it did feel harder so I think maybe 68

Really? Do you think they will lower it that low?
Reply 26
Is it just me or were some of the qs in the paper a bit dodgy? Seems like they just plucked a couple of random qs and stuck them in to fill in the blank space I felt for some of them:/
Reply 27
Original post by saffy11
Arg am so annoyed when I came out there were so many people who got different answers to what I put and I forgot so much of the easy stuff had a total mind blank

Exact same here. I'm so annoyed with myself. I'm predicted an A and not meaning to be cocky but I am/was well capable of getting a high A but when it came to the day my nerves got the better of me and I panicked. All common sense and knowledge went out the window. Kicking myself now after seeing the paper but hey ho, can't go back now. Roll on August:colondollar:
Reply 28
Exact same here. I'm so annoyed with myself. I'm predicted an A and not meaning to be cocky but I am/was well capable of getting a high A but when it came to the day my nerves got the better of me and I panicked. All common sense and knowledge went out the window. Kicking myself now after seeing the paper but hey ho, can't go back now. Roll on August:colondollar:

It felt as though you had to remember a lot of the practical work for questions and how measure certain things accurately
what did you guys put for the question about the meniscus in the multi choice?
Original post by jenny2048
what did you guys put for the question about the meniscus in the multi choice?

Its the fill it up over the line then the bottom of the meniscus one
Original post by gymnast007
Its the fill it up over the line then the bottom of the meniscus one

that's what I put :smile:
and what did people put for the increase in temperature or the rate to double?
Original post by jenny2048
and what did people put for the increase in temperature or the rate to double?

I don't remember that one.... What step did you say the free radical reaction was?
propagation
has anyone got a paper they could post? :smile:
Reply 36
Anyone got the paper and answers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending