The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel History Unit 2 Conflict & Change 19C & 20C (Option C) - May 22nd

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bunny2014
I wrote about 3 And don't worry! I'm sure you will do really well! What did you put the most reliable source in question 1??

For the first question's conclusion I said that she did help however some of her work may have been over exaggerated and linked it to the sources, I got 3 sides on it so should be ok (hopefully) goodluck to you too! ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it was okay i guess! I didn't like the florence nightingale one but the boer war one was good

What did you write about for OK?

I spoke about concentration camps, emily hothouse, fawcett commission, birmingham being massive in terms of linking in with lloyd george, jingoism, daily mail and manchester guardian

Omg that's SO annoying. I was going to talk about the camps/Hobhouse/Lloyd George -- I even wrote Lloyd George down in my plan! I just didn't include him because I didn't think it was relevant!

I mentioned Daily Mail/Manchester Guardian though. Knew quite a lot about those so got a good paragraph! Also other things like 'Land of Hope and Glory' and that book by JA Hobson (or whoever) called 'Imperialism' and how he said the war benefitted capitalists etc etc and kinda linked that to the low working-class turnout at the Khaki Election 'cos they didn't feel the war benefitted them (is that even relevant??).

And I spoke a little bit about national efficiency, like how so little were physically fit and able (3 of 5 were turned away in Manchester) and linked that to how people may have lost faith in the Empire. Is that relevant too??

If only I'd have included what you said like I was going to!! Would have got such a better mark!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LiamJDavis
Omg that's SO annoying. I was going to talk about the camps/Hobhouse/Lloyd George -- I even wrote Lloyd George down in my plan! I just didn't include him because I didn't think it was relevant!

I mentioned Daily Mail/Manchester Guardian though. Knew quite a lot about those so got a good paragraph! Also other things like 'Land of Hope and Glory' and that book by JA Hobson (or whoever) called 'Imperialism' and how he said the war benefitted capitalists etc etc and kinda linked that to the low working-class turnout at the Khaki Election 'cos they didn't feel the war benefitted them (is that even relevant??).

And I spoke a little bit about national efficiency, like how so little were physically fit and able (3 of 5 were turned away in Manchester) and linked that to how people may have lost faith in the Empire. Is that relevant too??

If only I'd have included what you said like I was going to!! Would have got such a better mark!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure what you have put is fine! Don't worry Liam :smile:

How did you find question 1!? I said source 3 is the most objective one because it had both sides of the argument compared to the other two sources! :smile:

Hope that's right 🙏
I'm sure what you have put is fine! Don't worry Liam :smile:

How did you find question 1!? I said source 3 is the most objective one because it had both sides of the argument compared to the other two sources! :smile:

Hope that's right 🙏

I really hope so!! I want a good grade in History ):

+ I didn't like the sources for Q1!!! I think I managed to cross reference effectively but I feel there was a lot more I could've said!! I managed to assess the attribution quite well and did manage to make some good points-- I just hope they were relevant to the Q!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really hope so!! I want a good grade in History ):

+ I didn't like the sources for Q1!!! I think I managed to cross reference effectively but I feel there was a lot more I could've said!! I managed to assess the attribution quite well and did manage to make some good points-- I just hope they were relevant to the Q!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you also do stalin's Russia exam?
Did you also do stalin's Russia exam?

I did! (:

Russia in Revolution and Stalin's Russia!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did! (:

Russia in Revolution and Stalin's Russia!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I loved the Russia and Stalin paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cal Lightman
I loved the Russia and Stalin paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! I predicated what would come up for both questions and it did!! Haha!!

Just hope I didn't ramble on too much! I know I spoke about quite minor stuff for one of the questions so I hope that doesn't go against me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same! I predicated what would come up for both questions and it did!! Haha!!

Just hope I didn't ramble on too much! I know I spoke about quite minor stuff for one of the questions so I hope that doesn't go against me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I rambled on a lot! :smile: haha! i spoke about democratic centralism in Trotsky's question
I got like 4 and a half sides for each essay, I was lucky because the questions I did before the exam came up

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got like 4 and a half sides for each essay, I was lucky because the questions I did before the exam came up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww lucky you! :smile: i had an english exam in the morning of the history exam day so i was focusing on that

i wrote about 3 pages for trotsky and 5 for USSR question
Aww lucky you! :smile: i had an english exam in the morning of the history exam day so i was focusing on that

i wrote about 3 pages for trotsky and 5 for USSR question

Yeah I think than should be banned from having 2 exams on the same day I had maths and history unit 2 on the same day :frown: (good luck on your English though)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I rambled on a lot! :smile: haha! i spoke about democratic centralism in Trotsky's question

OMG SO DID I!!!!!! Literally I don't think anyone in my class spoke about that! I placed it under 'Lenin's leadership' (my most important reason). Spoke about the ban on internal factions too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I think than should be banned from having 2 exams on the same day I had maths and history unit 2 on the same day :frown: (good luck on your English though)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you sweet! :smile: and aww i agree with you! I was soo tired after the first exam
OMG SO DID I!!!!!! Literally I don't think anyone in my class spoke about that! I placed it under 'Lenin's leadership' (my most important reason). Spoke about the ban on internal factions too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG!!! I said it was lenins leadership too!! :smile: i spoke about cheka with felix dzerkinksy
OMG!!! I said it was lenins leadership too!! :smile: i spoke about cheka with felix dzerkinksy

As if!!! I think my three reasons were: Lenin's leadership (most important), I THINK I spoke about the disunity of opposition and my second most important and Trotsky's leadership as my third. I can't remember now! 😥 But I spoke about so much within the reasons like the dissolution of the Constituent Assembly, the Cheka + Terror, etc etc.

For the WWII question (Stalin's), I said if was Stalin's leadership (first), the Soviet people (second) and Lend-Lease (third). I changed my judgement half way through so I had to argue something I'd changed my mind on. 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
As if!!! I think my three reasons were: Lenin's leadership (most important), I THINK I spoke about the disunity of opposition and my second most important and Trotsky's leadership as my third. I can't remember now! ������ But I spoke about so much within the reasons like the dissolution of the Constituent Assembly, the Cheka + Terror, etc etc.

For the WWII question (Stalin's), I said if was Stalin's leadership (first), the Soviet people (second) and Lend-Lease (third). I changed my judgement half way through so I had to argue something I'd changed my mind on. ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I spoke about the Home Front being the most important along with the soviet people within the same paragraph

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending