The Student Room Group

In2Science Interviews, anyone?

Scroll to see replies

I've got my interview next Wednesday, did they mention any specific dates for the placements at the interview? Cause I'm having difficulties getting my parents to agree to let me go if I get offered a place, they're concerned its going to clash with a family holiday they're trying to plan so being able to give them some actual dates could help calm them, any help is much appreciated, thanks :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Kellycavo
I've got my interview next Wednesday, did they mention any specific dates for the placements at the interview? Cause I'm having difficulties getting my parents to agree to let me go if I get offered a place, they're concerned its going to clash with a family holiday they're trying to plan so being able to give them some actual dates could help calm them, any help is much appreciated, thanks :smile:

Unfortunately they don't tell you as it depends entirely on what you're put to do (because of availability etc). I was basically in the same boat and the interviewer didn't know because there are a ton of placements. Why not ask in your interview? (Also, bring something to read because I ended up waiting an hour with nothing haha)
Ok, thanks anyway :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by aminakayy
Guys! Did you guys get a response back regarding your offer? I got in! :3

Oh nice one :biggrin: I got in too, what is your research placement on? Mine's on neuroscience and disease.
Congrats on getting in guys! Well I got in with the Cognitive, Perceptual and Brain sciences department in UCL, its a mixture of neuroscience & psychology my placement so its just spot on, everything I wanted! :biggrin::biggrin:
Hey guys, don't know if you're still reading this but thanks for posting this thread, its made me feel a bit better about the interview! Just wondering for those who have had it, how much detail did you talk about your 'science interests'?
Reply 26
Original post by JustaDreamer
Hey guys, don't know if you're still reading this but thanks for posting this thread, its made me feel a bit better about the interview! Just wondering for those who have had it, how much detail did you talk about your 'science interests'?

A lot. I would also read something in the news in regards to advancements made in the specific area you want to get into
Original post by Rene96
A lot. I would also read something in the news in regards to advancements made in the specific area you want to get into

Thanks for the advice. :smile:
I think it's time to reboot this thread, I've got my interview on Monday! :s-smilie:
Just wondering who else is going for interview this year and if there's any more hints and tips from last year's applicants.
Does anybody know where the placements can be? Because I have to travel to London from the south West (Bristol ish) for the interview and would love to do it, it just depends where?
I have interview in 29th May
I also got accepted in nuffield research placement but I havent been allocated a placement yet so I dont know if I should go for in2scienceuk.
Original post by jacobbak3r
Does anybody know where the placements can be? Because I have to travel to London from the south West (Bristol ish) for the interview and would love to do it, it just depends where?

London: Imperial College London or University College London
SW England: University of Bristol or University of Bath

Previously, a lot of the engineering applicants had their 2 week session at an engineering firm rather than a University.
Original post by Angeltiger59
I have interview in 29th May
I also got accepted in nuffield research placement but I havent been allocated a placement yet so I dont know if I should go for in2scienceuk.

Nice, I too have an interview on the 29th at 11:30 am!
Isn't the Nuffield Placement 6 weeks? if so, that is a long time.
The Nuffield is much more prestigious compared to the In2Science scheme, but the In2Science is 2 weeks long and allows you to do other things during the holiday.
However, both are good for Personal Statements, so it's just a matter of what you prefer really...

-Anis
Original post by Epitype
Nice, I too have an interview on the 29th at 11:30 am!
Isn't the Nuffield Placement 6 weeks? if so, that is a long time.
The Nuffield is much more prestigious compared to the In2Science scheme, but the In2Science is 2 weeks long and allows you to do other things during the holiday.
However, both are good for Personal Statements, so it's just a matter of what you prefer really...

-Anis

Thx
I think ill choose nuffield if i get a placement coz i think 6 weeks will be more interesting
I will bebenfit more from it.
I have no idea what to wear and my interview is in two hours, lmao.
Do you have a blazer, cardigan, jumper etc?
Wear that w/ a nice shirt and black jeans with smart shoes (smart-casual)

-Anis
Original post by Epitype
Do you have a blazer, cardigan, jumper etc?
Wear that w/ a nice shirt and black jeans with smart shoes (smart-casual)

-Anis

Settled for jeans shirt and a jumper. Confidence levels ain't high atm let's see how this goes
Original post by DrNippleson
Settled for jeans shirt and a jumper. Confidence levels ain't high atm let's see how this goes

How'd it go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really well, the interviewer said I did good, and she liked all the stuff I've done. Just waiting to hear back - they had a pathogenic diseases placement in a wet lab i was so excited....hopefully.
Original post by DrNippleson
Really well, the interviewer said I did good, and she liked all the stuff I've done. Just waiting to hear back - they had a pathogenic diseases placement in a wet lab i was so excited....hopefully.

Nice!
My interview went really well too. Just waiting for a reply for a placement in a wet lab in either Immunology/Infection, Haematology or Cancer.
My interviewer didn't say whether or not I did well or whether or not there will be a placement for me.
Fingers crossed.

-Anis

Quick Reply

Latest