The Student Room Group

As spanish aqa 3rd june 2014

Scroll to see replies

Same here!! :frown: You just have to look at the sentence really carefully.
Reply 61
Hey! I was just wondering what sort of question you think they would ask for cinema because it has only come up once and the question is to give our opinion about films today. What other things could they ask? Also, does anyone else think a topic from media will definitely come up? Because it didn't come up last year and both advertising and communication technology haven't come up in a while!
Original post by louise9
Hey! I was just wondering what sort of question you think they would ask for cinema because it has only come up once and the question is to give our opinion about films today. What other things could they ask? Also, does anyone else think a topic from media will definitely come up? Because it didn't come up last year and both advertising and communication technology haven't come up in a while!

Potentially the evolution of cinema? Or why cinema is so popular nowadays?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by BuddingAchiever
Lol I don't want to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet here but I've never gotten below 30 in my essays but I've achieved full marks in some essays. I'll try and PM them to you

me pls?
okay now I've got a record of 52..... wow.... Imagine getting 50p for essay I have distributed...that's my altruism :colondollar:
just imagine..... we'll be done with this exam this time tomorrow!
just imagine..... we'll be done with this exam this time tomorrow! wooo
Has anyone been looking at the exemplar material ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by annaelizabet
1) intro- set the scene
2) 3 points for with example for each of these to back up your points
3) 3 points against with the same as above
4) nice conc- you must answer the question and state your opinion

This is obviously for a for and against essay. If you follow this structure you will be fine! Too many people worry about the essay section

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think doing alternate points for and against in the essay is okay? Or should I group them together how you have said.
Original post by LaraGH
Do you think doing alternate points for and against in the essay is okay? Or should I group them together how you have said.

Yeah it is up to you really, just make sure if you group them together everything is structured and isn't just random point after point. Make sure your points follow a logical sequence. :smile: y buena suerte! :smile:

P.s. How are you with the grammar gap fillers? Oh and also the question with the many boxes where you have to write the appropriate letter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
¡Buena suerte a todos! How's everyone on listening?
Original post by bubblemuncher
¡Buena suerte a todos! How's everyone on listening?

A ti también! Listening is okish for me, usually score around 30. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did all the past papers in lessons so I've had to rely on the zigzag papers for revision.
Reply 73
Yeah it is up to you really, just make sure if you group them together everything is structured and isn't just random point after point. Make sure your points follow a logical sequence. :smile: y buena suerte! :smile:

P.s. How are you with the grammar gap fillers? Oh and also the question with the many boxes where you have to write the appropriate letter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

gracias!

I love the grammar! Normally 10 apart from if they decide to throw in a sneaky one like something agreeing with 'hambre' (as in tengo hambre)

I thought it was masculine because you usually say mucho hambre, but it is similar to el agua in that it IS feminine but because the 'h' is silent mucha hambre would sound too much like muchambre... confusing.

Also other sneaky ones such a apocopation of cien!

Depends with the other gap fills, I find with those it is best to really step back and think of the overall jist of the passage and what would logically make sense!
Original post by LaraGH
gracias!

I love the grammar! Normally 10 apart from if they decide to throw in a sneaky one like something agreeing with 'hambre' (as in tengo hambre)

I thought it was masculine because you usually say mucho hambre, but it is similar to el agua in that it IS feminine but because the 'h' is silent mucha hambre would sound too much like muchambre... confusing.

Depends with the other gap fills, I find with those it is best to really step back and think of the overall jist of the passage and what would logically make sense!

Ah same really! :smile: what essay are you hoping for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Ah same really! :smile: what essay are you hoping for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea on the essay!!

I am normally good with health/sports as I like using medical vocabulary and then perhaps holidays. I feel I haven't focussed in on each topic enough but too late now!

I haven't actually revised for it until tonight when I did a past paper minus the essay...As I have had more important exams (biology today and chemistry is also tomorrow)
Holidays or Cinema
Original post by chrisonewfp
Holidays or Cinema

Advertising ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LaraGH
I have no idea on the essay!!

I am normally good with health/sports as I like using medical vocabulary and then perhaps holidays. I feel I haven't focussed in on each topic enough but too late now!

I haven't actually revised for it until tonight when I did a past paper minus the essay...As I have had more important exams (biology today and chemistry is also tomorrow)

I know the feeling! I am hoping for advertising haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LaraGH
gracias!

Just to clear this up - you would say el agua/el hambre BUT mucha agua/mucha hambre

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending