The Student Room Group

OCR Accounting F013

What did everyone think about the Accounting F013 exam

Scroll to see replies

I thought it was quite a good paper actually! I was expecting ratios to come up!
Reply 2
I thought that the share issue question was quite difficult
Reply 3
Did it ask to balance off the accounts?
Reply 4
Original post by fullfredda
What did everyone think about the Accounting F013 exam

Did you guys get 133,000 as the net cash flow from operating activites with the two separate depreciation figures being 25000 and 26000 or 51000 as a single figure? Also was your guys retained profit figure £2350, or atleast close to it? The total value of the share issue was definitely £1,100,000 with 500,000 shares issued. £625,000 being allocated to the Share Capital Account from the A+A and £475,000 being allocated to the Share Premium Account from the A+A. Thoughts please?
Reply 5
Original post by UMK
Did you guys get 133,000 as the net cash flow from operating activites with the two separate depreciation figures being 25000 and 26000 or 51000 as a single figure? Also was your guys retained profit figure £2350, or atleast close to it? The total value of the share issue was definitely £1,100,000 with 500,000 shares issued. £625,000 being allocated to the Share Capital Account from the A+A and £475,000 being allocated to the Share Premium Account from the A+A. Thoughts please?

I got the same answers with u 4 the cash flow and retained profit but I don't remember the share account one.. u remember the ques? did they ask to balance off those accounts?? I didn't write bal c/d hope won't lose marks on it..
Reply 6
Original post by Tyya
I got the same answers with u 4 the cash flow and retained profit but I don't remember the share account one.. u remember the ques? did they ask to balance off those accounts?? I didn't write bal c/d hope won't lose marks on it..
Ah crap yeah I am afraid you did need to balance it mate because they gave information for you to work out that there were Bal b/d's on both the Share Premium and Share Capital accounts implying that the total and NEW Bal c/d will be the Bal b/d plus the transfer from the A+A account. You lost one mark MAXIMUM on each account. It was basically a share issue of £2.20 for 500,000 shares which comes to a total of £1,100,000 but it was oversubscribed by £100,000 so you received 1,200,000 in total and returned the £100,000 straight away through the bank which was a debit on the A+A account.
Reply 7
Original post by UMK
Ah crap yeah I am afraid you did need to balance it mate because they gave information for you to work out that there were Bal b/d's on both the Share Premium and Share Capital accounts implying that the total and NEW Bal c/d will be the Bal b/d plus the transfer from the A+A account. You lost one mark MAXIMUM on each account. It was basically a share issue of £2.20 for 500,000 shares which comes to a total of £1,100,000 but it was oversubscribed by £100,000 so you received 1,200,000 in total and returned the £100,000 straight away through the bank which was a debit on the A+A account.

Yeah that part was right and what was the par value ?
Reply 8
Original post by Tyya
Yeah that part was right and what was the par value ?
Par value was £1.25 so 95p premium
Reply 9
Original post by UMK

625.000 being transferred to the share capital a/c . Same ~ lol :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:
Reply 10
Original post by UMK

what did u do 4 the FRS 18? quite worry about this ...
I got the same for cash flow and balace sheet. Can't remember ths share figures exactly! For the FRS18 question I wrote about relevant, reliable, comparable and understandable etc...

Do you think the grade boundaries will be high?
Reply 12
Original post by winniestar57
I got the same for cash flow and balace sheet. Can't remember ths share figures exactly! For the FRS18 question I wrote about relevant, reliable, comparable and understandable etc...

Do you think the grade boundaries will be high?

u could re calculate those a/c s . lol dunno really. I checked previous years boundaries found the highest was 71 for an A . so... can't be higher than this can it?
Hopefully not! 71 is ridiculous for an A! It should be 80%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Tyya
what did u do 4 the FRS 18? quite worry about this ...
The only reason I havent talked about it is because I completely *****d that question, simply because I didnt know what frs 18 was until later on when I searched and found out it's about stating accounting policies and stuff but tbh in the exam I just blagged how it's put in place to protect shareholders for example the revaluation being portrayed to them would be successful in ensuriing they are not deceived or misled by the increase in capital worth of the business and can therefore make informed decisions.
Reply 15

Posted from TSR Mobile
There were no real tricks and accounts tends to have higher grade boundaries in general it will be approximately 68-70 for an A
Reply 16

Posted from TSR Mobile

Er.. I mean ums mark.. 😄
Reply 17
Original post by UMK
The only reason I havent talked about it is because I completely *****d that question, simply because I didnt know what frs 18 was until later on when I searched and found out it's about stating accounting policies and stuff but tbh in the exam I just blagged how it's put in place to protect shareholders for example the revaluation being portrayed to them would be successful in ensuriing they are not deceived or misled by the increase in capital worth of the business and can therefore make informed decisions.

As long as u got all the calculation parts right, this isnt really a big prob.
Reply 18
did anyone else get the balancing figure to be £902,350? also loan interest - admin expense or in the appropriation of profits with tax etc?
Yes, I got that too. I put loan interest after operating profit in the p & l account

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest