The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

They screwed up their marking BIG TIME last year for my ASs. Everyone in my college got Us and Es etc. And they were sent off for a re-mark but they refused to change any of them. (Even straight A grade students were getting seriously low marks!) It happened at nearly every college in our area.. so coincidence? I think not :wink:

Just re-sit, or get it re-marked and all will be well :smile:
Reply 2
musicalfruit

They screwed up their marking BIG TIME last year for my ASs. Everyone in my college got Us and Es etc. And they were sent off for a re-mark but they refused to change any of them. (Even straight A grade students were getting seriously low marks!) It happened at nearly every college in our area.. so coincidence? I think not

Just re-sit, or get it re-marked and all will be well

I was predicted an A and rarely got less than B's in essays....and then i got BCD for my modules, evening out to a C....

i wish we had done cw :frown:

thats not on, refusing to change your grades :frown: , i bet they just didnt want a big news story about how they admitted they screwed up!

thanks, i hope i can get marked up :wink:

you dont happen to know the deadline for entering for remarking do you? the aqa site is low on info :smile:
Reply 3
:frown:
Same disaster at my school for this board.
Reply 5
glitterybug21
Same disaster at my school for this board.

this year for english? or a previous year or all subjects overall?:frown:
English this year, and most past. Apparently AQA always cockup their English marking (or maybe it's just my school). Anyway, my teacher said every year there is a module that goes wrong with AQA and even the very bright kids get less than they deserve.
Reply 7
glitterybug21
English this year, and most past. Apparently AQA always cockup their English marking (or maybe it's just my school). Anyway, my teacher said every year there is a module that goes wrong with AQA and even the very bright kids get less than they deserve.

that kind of makes me feel better....

just a little tho :rolleyes:
Reply 8
I got an A overall but got a D in intro to study of language, but I thought I did alright on that :eek:

Conversely, I got 105/105 on lang and social contexts and I didn't even do the thing we'd been studying all year, I did a different one!

How do you go about getting a remark?
Reply 9
I was expecting at least a C and probably an A or B.

I got an E. That being said, I did bottle the exam. My coursework dropped from a B to a D though :s-smilie:

Damn you AQA! lol
Reply 10
Really? :eek: (re coursework!). That seems a little unfair :frown:

I seriously thing all of us who feel we did a lot better than we did should get a remark asap, then if it comes out the same I need to start revising for ENB1
asap!
Reply 11
smoothie
Really? :eek: (re coursework!). That seems a little unfair :frown:

I seriously thing all of us who feel we did a lot better than we did should get a remark asap, then if it comes out the same I need to start revising for ENB1
asap!

do you do specification A or B?

its very expensive..but necessary i suppose.

it wouldnt be so worrying if it was just one module, but all three :frown: .....i think the worst thing about resitting is that we take them all at the end so getting into uni could all rest on the one subject:frown:
Reply 12
It's £37 for one module, and that's not even priority!

Sending my cheque today though, so I know sooner rather than later if I need to be revising!

I think I did A, (intro to language, and language and social contexts and original wiriting coursework). What did you do?

Would you not be resitting in Jan? I think that's when I have my resit (if I still need it!)
Reply 13
smoothie
It's £37 for one module, and that's not even priority!

Sending my cheque today though, so I know sooner rather than later if I need to be revising!

I think I did A, (intro to language, and language and social contexts and original wiriting coursework). What did you do?

Would you not be resitting in Jan? I think that's when I have my resit (if I still need it!)

oh i thought we did A too, but we did Pre-1900, a Modern text (and we had to do speech analysis for that too) and Language Production (writing and descriptive piece etc. and then a commentary on it)

yeah i suppose january would be better - although it might seem to soon...
but then theres always the option of resiting again if it goes wrong a second time:smile:

im gonna end up shelling out 111 quid for remarks then... do you get a refund only if the grade is improved or the actual marks?
My lang/lit results seemed a little odd.

NTB1- 39/105- U
NTB2- 82/105- B
NTB3- 46/90 - D

167/300- D

I don't know how I managed a B in the exam on the Color Purple and the Scarlet Letter, yet got an E on the Robert Frost Poetry and the Prose. I did just as bad in either one I thought.

As for the coursework, it must have been brought down a grade by a moderator (not surprising, as it was the first year this course was run at my school) , as I swear it was a C before.
Reply 15
Wilko_777
My lang/lit results seemed a little odd.

NTB1- 39/105- U
NTB2- 82/105- B
NTB3- 46/90 - D

167/300- D

I don't know how I managed a B in the exam on the Color Purple and the Scarlet Letter, yet got an E on the Robert Frost Poetry and the Prose. I did just as bad in either one I thought.

As for the coursework, it must have been brought down a grade by a moderator (not surprising, as it was the first year this course was run at my school) , as I swear it was a C before.

were you expecting a higher overall grade?
Autumn Child
were you expecting a higher overall grade?

Nope, I was expecting an E due to my awful performance in the exams. Getting a B in one of them is a bonus really.
Reply 17
In january i took an AQA AS english module and got an E, along with about 10 of my classmates. We asked for a remark but they resfused. This summer i resat the module and ended up with 300/300. Quite bizarre really.
I'm not sure which specification I did, but there is definately something odd about the AQA english results at my school.
I got 90/90 Shakespeare, 86/105 Poetry and Drama and then bizarrely 67/105 for 'Intro to the study if Literature'. I still scraped an A with 243/300, but I think I should have done much better. All my classes grades suffered severly from a low mark in this module and as a result a lot of people failed it completely.
Is this just a result of poor teaching, or all of us completely missing the point or is it AQA messing up... again..?
Reply 19
I got A, A U in my lang spec B, they're appealing it though, which is right! I know damn well I got more than a U!

Latest