The Student Room Group

what should I do?

Hi,

I met this boy on twitter a couple of year ago, and we have a really good friendship, like we text once or twice a week and we have a laugh, and I would consider him a close friend. I live in London, and he lives in Sheffield, and we both want to meet face to face. I've spoken to him on the phone, skyped etc and so I know he's not dodgy, as he's never tried to meet me in these two years.

The problem is the distance we live from each other, as we are both 16 our parents won't let us travel to the other, and tbh I don't think my parents would let me meet a guy from the internet.

I really don't want to wait until I'm 18, so how could I meet him?
Original post by Pharaoh123
Hi,

I met this boy on twitter a couple of year ago, and we have a really good friendship, like we text once or twice a week and we have a laugh, and I would consider him a close friend. I live in London, and he lives in Sheffield, and we both want to meet face to face. I've spoken to him on the phone, skyped etc and so I know he's not dodgy, as he's never tried to meet me in these two years.

The problem is the distance we live from each other, as we are both 16 our parents won't let us travel to the other, and tbh I don't think my parents would let me meet a guy from the internet.

I really don't want to wait until I'm 18, so how could I meet him?

This sounds VERY strangely like someone I know... what's his name?
Reply 2
Original post by fajitamunch

I PM'd you

There are probably several thousand people in Britain satisfying the conditions given in OP...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
There are probably several thousand people in Britain satisfying the conditions given in OP...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt that.... Guy from Sheffield, girl from London, 16, met on Twitter 2 years ago, talk regularly..... seems more like hundreds at max :biggrin:
If you want to meet then meet. You're 16, so long as you're safe you'll be fine. Tell a close friend you'll be meeting him and where you'll be so that IF something does happen then at least someone knows - and keep them updated through the day. Why not meet somewhere inbetween for a day?Birmingham is about midway. Stay in public areas. Just go for a walk and coffee/meal or something.
I doubt that.... Guy from Sheffield, girl from London, 16, met on Twitter 2 years ago, talk regularly..... seems more like hundreds at max :biggrin:

Whatever it is it's still a bit of a stab in the dark no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Precious Illusions
If you want to meet then meet. You're 16, so long as you're safe you'll be fine. Tell a close friend you'll be meeting him and where you'll be so that IF something does happen then at least someone knows - and keep them updated through the day. Why not meet somewhere inbetween for a day?Birmingham is about midway. Stay in public areas. Just go for a walk and coffee/meal or something.

That's what I was thinking, but both of our parents aren't keen on the idea..
Original post by Pharaoh123
That's what I was thinking, but both of our parents aren't keen on the idea..

Without being seen as a bad influence, if you really want to meet then you don't HAVE to tell your parents, but be safe. Like I said, both tell a close friend that you're meeting each other and keep them updated throughout the day that you're okay etc.
I wouldn't advise you to go out to meet him. Let him come the distance. A place where you know so if you have to run or something you're not far from home. Hope this helps!!! :yy:
Invite both sets of parents along too for the first meeting...or is that too awkward? :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending