The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Anyone here that applied for accomodation AFTER June 30, got any response yet?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 101
Has all King's International students received their accommodation allocations via mail yet? I haven't and I'm quite tired of waiting.
Did u call them Siljia?
Reply 103
No I haven't. I was hoping I didn't have to resort to that.

I emailed this past thursday, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.
No, I didn't receive my allocation by mail either- and I'm in Germany! If you keep in mind that the transcript of my grade report took 2 days to get there... maybe tomorrow. :frown:
Sijia
No I haven't. I was hoping I didn't have to resort to that.

I emailed this past thursday, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Harass them, that's what I did. It should take about the same time for it to get to you as it did to me. What was your origional offer? What was your first choice accommodation? Ask them to let you know by email of their offer and they should be shipping the information first class. I warn you, it took me a while to fill out all of the paperwork.. will be shipping it out this morning :smile: Good luck!
Reply 106
igora soma
Harass them, that's what I did. It should take about the same time for it to get to you as it did to me. What was your origional offer? What was your first choice accommodation? Ask them to let you know by email of their offer and they should be shipping the information first class. I warn you, it took me a while to fill out all of the paperwork.. will be shipping it out this morning :smile: Good luck!

Who did everyone email to get a response? I emailed the KCL Accommodation office at [email protected] but the idiots are apparently not even checking that!

I don't know my original offer b/c I haven't been given one!
Reply 107
I emailed them several times cause my account to apply had been deactivated (got in through clearing in case you wonder) and I always got a reply. If not you could email your department and they will usually forward the email to accommodation and then they'll reply... I guess they react when a member of staff emails...
Virna did you finally apply?
Reply 109
I did indeed on thursday, or wednesday something like that when they finally decided to make my account work
I emailed them too and actually usually got a response the next day. You could try getting up kind of early and calling. Although, I have no idea how they will react to that.
Reply 111
igora soma
I emailed them too and actually usually got a response the next day. You could try getting up kind of early and calling. Although, I have no idea how they will react to that.

I hate calling because everytime I've tried, no one's at the office.

I stayed up once til 1 AM, so 9AM in the UK and called for an hour before they picked up. Stupid hour-long meeting it would seem.

And when I did get up early like 6 AM for me, everyone's probably not too bothered to pick up the phone since they're leaving in an hour!

I hate such administrators! You get paid to answer the phone! Answer it!
That is terrible! Are you waiting for a reply on an email now? This really isn't fair to you at all. I know the pains of west coast communication with the UK, it sucks! I really hope that they suddenly become nice and communicative and tell you what you need to know :smile:
Reply 113
igora soma
That is terrible! Are you waiting for a reply on an email now? This really isn't fair to you at all. I know the pains of west coast communication with the UK, it sucks! I really hope that they suddenly become nice and communicative and tell you what you need to know :smile:

Thanks so much. I certainly hope so too. :redface:
Reply 114
Trust me even here in Europe (though we don't have so much of a time difference) you wait aaaaages to get the phome answered
Reply 115
Ok, got emailed back.

International Hall, the most expensive of them all.

Curious question though - there aren't ONLY international students there right?
Sijia
Ok, got emailed back.

International Hall, the most expensive of them all.

Curious question though - there aren't ONLY international students there right?

last time i checked i was a home student :&#8212:wink:
Reply 117
last time i checked i was a home student :—)

Ah, indeed you are. My apologies. Nice to meet you. :p:
Sijia
Ah, indeed you are. My apologies. Nice to meet you. :p:

;&#8212:wink:

international hall is ~50% international students (i think that's the whole point behind the name), and whilst the total number of residents there varies depending what you read, it seems to be around the 700 mark. plenty of students, therefore, home and overseas.

it is a bit more expensive, but you don't have to cook and clean :—D
Reply 119
;&#8212:wink:

international hall is ~50% international students (i think that's the whole point behind the name), and whilst the total number of residents there varies depending what you read, it seems to be around the 700 mark. plenty of students, therefore, home and overseas.

it is a bit more expensive, but you don't have to cook and clean :—D

I don't have to do that at home either. And it's free! :biggrin:

Also, as there are a lot of students, how many of them are we sharing a bathroom with?

Latest