The Student Room Group

How many new people joined your sixth form

Long story short, from this day onwards I have no "true" friends at my current school. Starting sixth form in September wanted to know roughly how many people join a new sixthform I need a new set of friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by vuvuzela
Long story short, from this day onwards I have no "true" friends at my current school. Starting sixth form in September wanted to know roughly how many people join a new sixthform I need a new set of friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my experience, half of the year 11s that could have continued on to sixth form in my school left so that half was replaced by all new students, so basically half the people in my sixth form were new.

But it really depends on your school - if you're in a school that offers boarding like mine then you're more likely to get a lot of new students but if you're a 100% day school then you probably won't have as many new students!

Hope this helps :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Lilyghz
In my experience, half of the year 11s that could have continued on to sixth form in my school left so that half was replaced by all new students, so basically half the people in my sixth form were new.

But it really depends on your school - if you're in a school that offers boarding like mine then you're more likely to get a lot of new students but if you're a 100% day school then you probably won't have as many new students!

Hope this helps :h:

It does help. In not sure i think my school is probably 50/50. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
It does help. In not sure i think my school is probably 50/50. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is your school a hub where foreign students tend to enroll?
Umm, about 60 new people joined.
In mine only around 50 new people joined and there were only 7 of us guys in the entire year :wink:
Reply 6
0 new people joined mine.
Reply 7
Original post by Lilyghz
Is your school a hub where foreign students tend to enroll?

Nope but its the best sixth form in the area.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
In mine only around 50 new people joined and there were only 7 of us guys in the entire year :wink:

How many people in your year in total?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Maid Marian
Umm, about 60 new people joined.

How many people in total?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I go to a girls grammar school with 180 in each year...we had about 25 leave and 35-40 new people (some people even joined and left straight away)
How many people in total?

Posted from TSR Mobile

180 (including the 60 new ones).
Maybe 20 or so? Anyway quite a few left within the first two weeks :laugh:
My school didn't offer a sixth form, we all had to go to college
only 1 new person joined mine, and that was just because his girlfriend goes there

Quick Reply

Latest