The Student Room Group

AQA Info 4 ICT - Advice?

Hey all,

My AS exams finished, but we have just started A2 and our ICT class is beginning to go over the elements of the coursework. I've been browsing around at different coursework samples and what not, but I wondered if anyone had some useful tips for the coursework? Mostly due to the fact that I would like to at least aim for an A/A* at the end of it, so I thought that getting some tips would be a beneficial stepping stone towards this goal.

As a seperate question, do you feel that a real life client is more beneficial than having a made up client? I assume that it is and I'm currently trying to find a real client myself, but currently having some problems with finding an appropriate client. So if anyone has any advice/experience to share on how they found their client, that'd be great :smile:

Thanks!
Coursework deadline is quick tbh you should finish by december/jan and prepare to hand it in.

The courseework will be handy for the next unit since there is a topic called databases, the coursework should give you a basic understanding.

WJEC requires you to make a database for a real orga.isation who might use it (realistically). You could go around businesses and ask to provide few details and say you you dont need any customer or any business related information

Finding a perfect client will take time, so i advise you to find one over summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DarkChaoz95
Coursework deadline is quick tbh you should finish by december/jan and prepare to hand it in.

The courseework will be handy for the next unit since there is a topic called databases, the coursework should give you a basic understanding.

WJEC requires you to make a database for a real orga.isation who might use it (realistically). You could go around businesses and ask to provide few details and say you you dont need any customer or any business related information

Finding a perfect client will take time, so i advise you to find one over summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm actually starting my coursework now and I don't think I have time to find a real client. So does this mean that I can make up the name of my company and stuff?
Original post by S.Mundane
I'm actually starting my coursework now and I don't think I have time to find a real client. So does this mean that I can make up the name of my company and stuff?

well, I think WJEC requires you to have one or at least a realistic client, perhaps ask your ICT teacher for tips or find teachers that will be able to help you.

you can ask friends, family, businesses in your local area to see if they can help you out.
Original post by DarkChaoz95
well, I think WJEC requires you to have one or at least a realistic client, perhaps ask your ICT teacher for tips or find teachers that will be able to help you.

you can ask friends, family, businesses in your local area to see if they can help you out.

I'm doing AQA. I'm using my school as my client cos it was recommended by my teacher. But I'm seriously confused on Analysis and Deliverables.
Original post by TheFinalFlare
Hey all,

My AS exams finished, but we have just started A2 and our ICT class is beginning to go over the elements of the coursework. I've been browsing around at different coursework samples and what not, but I wondered if anyone had some useful tips for the coursework? Mostly due to the fact that I would like to at least aim for an A/A* at the end of it, so I thought that getting some tips would be a beneficial stepping stone towards this goal.

As a seperate question, do you feel that a real life client is more beneficial than having a made up client? I assume that it is and I'm currently trying to find a real client myself, but currently having some problems with finding an appropriate client. So if anyone has any advice/experience to share on how they found their client, that'd be great :smile:

Thanks!

Original post by S.Mundane
I'm doing AQA. I'm using my school as my client cos it was recommended by my teacher. But I'm seriously confused on Analysis and Deliverables.

How are you both finding the cwk? My aim is to get it done by the end of this month.

Any chance you could help me out with my question on the thread I created?
Original post by Olympiad
How are you both finding the cwk? My aim is to get it done by the end of this month.

I'm finding the coursework good actually! My teacher is aiming for my whole class to get it completed within the next week or so, as the only thing we have left to do is the evaluation and then sorting out the presentation of our coursework :smile:

I'll certainly check out your thread and see if I can help out as well ~
I'm finding the coursework good actually! My teacher is aiming for my whole class to get it completed within the next week or so, as the only thing we have left to do is the evaluation and then sorting out the presentation of our coursework :smile:

That is really good! I am finding it difficult atm tbh. My teacher isn't very good at all.

I need to prevent double bookings, via a query - do you know how to do that?

Same :smile: it's just me in my class. I've finished the unit 3 syllabus just last week and I'm on section 2 of the coursework. My deadline is at the end of February so hopefully I can complete it. What task did u choose? I'm doing my school's application/storage process.
That is really good! I am finding it difficult atm tbh. My teacher isn't very good at all.

I need to prevent double bookings, via a query - do you know how to do that?

Wouldn't you use a database system for that?

I'm doing much better now! Aim to finish it by the end of February, beginning of March. Finished unit 3 so I'm doing okay :smile: Yeah, sure! Send me the link!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending