The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

International Students 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by russellbartkoh
Hey steph nice to meet you! Have you gotten your pick of accommodation yet?

Hiya, yep I'm in Talybont South House 6 :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by alx123
Hey there, welcome to Cardiff!

:biggrin: Thanks! I'm so excited!
Hi guys, I'm from Malaysia. Im going to start studying law in Cardiff University this September. :biggrin:
Reply 83
Original post by Lycia Goh
Hi guys, I'm from Malaysia. Im going to start studying law in Cardiff University this September. :biggrin:

Hi Lycia! Are you a transfer student from a Malaysian uni or will you be starting the course from scratch?

Will be good to see a fellow Malaysian at the law school from time to time. :smile:
Original post by Steph238
Hiya, yep I'm in Talybont South House 6 :smile:

Awesome. I'll be at Taly Court!
Original post by cerava
Hi Lycia! Are you a transfer student from a Malaysian uni or will you be starting the course from scratch?

Will be good to see a fellow Malaysian at the law school from time to time. :smile:

Hi nice to meet you :smile:, I'm actually starting the course from scratch. Just finished my A levels. How about you? :biggrin:
Reply 86
Hi nice to meet you :smile:, I'm actually starting the course from scratch. Just finished my A levels. How about you? :biggrin:

I'll be doing the BPTC, the horror of going back to uni after a two year gap :eek: Have you decided on accommodation yet?
Original post by cerava
I'll be doing the BPTC, the horror of going back to uni after a two year gap :eek: Have you decided on accommodation yet?

I have decided in which Hall I'm going to stay in Cardiff but haven't got any confirmation yet. :s-smilie: . You will be fine going back to uni as you are more matured. :smile:
How do you guys afford the international fees?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Hey guys, I'm Ringo from Hong Kong doing Accounting and Finance this year. I'm staying at Student House 57 colum Road. Been studying in the UK since yr 9 :smile:
Original post by ringo522
Hey guys, I'm Ringo from Hong Kong doing Accounting and Finance this year. I'm staying at Student House 57 colum Road. Been studying in the UK since yr 9 :smile:

Hey Ringo, love the name (:
I'll be doing Accountancy & Finance too. Nice to meet a prospective classmate. I'll be coming from Singapore and will be staying at Taly Court.
Reply 91
Hey Russell thanks haha :smile:
Reply 92
Hi guys!

From Brunei here and if my education loan is approved (lol), I'll be doing Business Info. Systems.

Since September is approaching, all international students will be nervous yet busy gearing up to start a new independent student life in Cardiff. So I wonder how have you all been preparing to move to Cardiff? What do you plan to bring with you and how have you planned your monthly spending budget?

Would love to hear some input from fellow international students :smile:

Have a nice day!
Original post by fareth
Hi guys!

From Brunei here and if my education loan is approved (lol), I'll be doing Business Info. Systems.

Since September is approaching, all international students will be nervous yet busy gearing up to start a new independent student life in Cardiff. So I wonder how have you all been preparing to move to Cardiff? What do you plan to bring with you and how have you planned your monthly spending budget?

Would love to hear some input from fellow international students :smile:

Have a nice day!

Hi there, I'm from Malaysia, Sabah (Brunei is so close :smile:) . I've been packing a little by a little of my stuff each day into small boxes so I would not miss anything. Im planing to bring only what I need, you can refer here
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_To_Take_To_University#What_to_take_to_University
My estimated monthly spending is 250 pounds. :biggrin:
Hope this helps and all the best. See you soon.:ciao:
Reply 94
Hi there, I'm from Malaysia, Sabah (Brunei is so close :smile:) . I've been packing a little by a little of my stuff each day into small boxes so I would not miss anything. Im planing to bring only what I need, you can refer here
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_To_Take_To_University#What_to_take_to_University
My estimated monthly spending is 250 pounds. :biggrin:
Hope this helps and all the best. See you soon.:ciao:

Orang Sabah bah! I love 1Borneo and the Manukan Island <3

250 pound sounds reasonable. How many luggage are you planning to bring?
Original post by fareth
Orang Sabah bah! I love 1Borneo and the Manukan Island <3

250 pound sounds reasonable. How many luggage are you planning to bring?

Ya bah :biggrin: . I honestly have never hear of Manukan Island :s-smilie:.

My parents are helping me carry my stuff so I'll be carrying one big luggage bag and each of my parent will carry a box of my stuff. All in total thats 3 luggages I guess.
Reply 96
HI! I'm not international (I'm american whose been in the UK for high school/secondary) but wanted to give you guys a heads-ups about the Facebook page for Cardiff halls of residence. Lots of people are finding their flat mates through it. Can't wait to see y'all in a few weeks!

Heres the page with links to each hall ---> https://www.facebook.com/events/1500446166833811/
Reply 97
Hi! Any of you guys planning to have a part time job? Do u think it is manageable to balance between studying on the first year and working part time?
Yes i want to take up a part time job and i was told that we'll have enough time to study & work.it depends on the student to balance both..
Reply 99
Anyone can shed some light on the entry requirement for Cardiff business school for Singapore poly grads? Like whats the minimum CGPA and such.. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending