The Student Room Group

Why aren't women obsessed with the male body ?

A woman can become rich and famous simply by being hot. A man has to actually achieve something (being a singer,actor, footballer,politician etc) and be hot at the same time to achieve the sex symbol status. Almost nobody can name a male model and they get paid peanuts compared to female models and female models are everywhere, you can't turn left or right without seeing one. Worshiped by both men and women. Things like ''cam modeling'' or lads mags are huge moneymakers for women, why isn't the opposite true? Playgirl, the only nude male mag I can think of, is mostly bought by gay men and most male cam ''models'' cater to gay men. The are only strip clubs for men and the random male stripping show is more of rare social even for hen parties. Why? Why don't women love the male body and sexuality as much as men love women's?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It's just the way it is, men are more eager to get their dick wet than women are to be moist.
Women tend to be more reticent about such matters.

And Beckham's brand would not have been nearly as marketable had he been ugly.
Thanks for telling me this. I was planning on becoming a sex symbol ..... but because I'm a guy and you say its a lot of effort to become a sex symbol, I'll give up my dreams.
Reply 4
What girls ,go crazy when they see my 6 pack and my chest!

Girs love muscles!
Reply 5
Depends if it's photographic modelling or video. It depends on how well known you are too. But most people who work on commercials get paid tons.
Reply 6
Original post by tengentoppa
Women tend to be more reticent about such matters.

And Beckham's brand would not have been nearly as marketable had he been ugly.

That's my point. He's only rich and famous because of his football career. If he was a mere model nobody outside the fashion world would've heard of him and he'd be paid pocket change compared to the women, never mind being offered huge TV shows and contracts during or after his modeling career like many female models. While there are tons of women who have made tens of millions or even more while achieving world fame simply because of their looks. The only, single, one guy I can think of that comes anywhere close is Fabio. And he's way, way less famous and rich than the women.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Yeah, I know what you're saying. For example, why is Kim Kardasian famous? Sextape? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Look at any talk show on TV, all the male stars are expected to crack jokes and be charming etc while the women simply show up in skimpy outfits showing off their tits or legs. Not even Clooney or Depp could get away with having a boring personality despite their looks. Men always have to bring something extra to the table, looks are not enough.
Reply 9
Original post by Arieisit
Yeah, I know what you're saying. For example, why is Kim Kardasian famous? Sextape? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right, can you imagine a guy releasing a sex tape and being world famous and making millions every year because of it for the rest of his life ?
We're just more picky. You gotta have more than just a pretty face :wink:
cuz it's all about the face
Original post by DanielDr
Look at any talk show on TV, all the male stars are expected to crack jokes and be charming etc while the women simply show up in skimpy outfits showing off their tits or legs. Not even Clooney or Depp could get away with having a boring personality despite their looks. Men always have to bring something extra to the table, looks are not enough.

Is this such a bad thing though? Not so much expecting more of men but the idea of needing more than looks to be attracted to someone. Are you trying to imply a double standard because here it's really not the case?
Reply 13
Girls are different.. I like a nice body and dreamy eyes (Dick length isn't a problem, depends how you lay it...) You have to be rough :wink:
Mostly its about the personality in my opinion.

Original post by Dinaa
Girls are different.. I like a nice body and dreamy eyes (Dick length isn't a problem, depends how you lay it...) You have to be rough :wink:

Repped for the picture but agree with the post XD
Reply 15
Original post by EllieC130
Is this such a bad thing though? Not so much expecting more of men but the idea of needing more than looks to be attracted to someone. Are you trying to imply a double standard because here it's really not the case?

No no, I'm not saying it's good or bad. I'm only asking why it happens.
Original post by Dinaa

Dick length should matter because guys judge girls based on boob size.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It should come as a great relief to many of you that it's better to be an ugly man than a ugly woman.
Reply 18
Original post by EllieC130
Repped for the picture but agree with the post XD

Haha :smile: Thanks, he is HOT.
*runs fingers on that sexy thaang* - siizzzz, to hot :O
Reply 19
Original post by Dinaa

Original post by TheProblematique
We're just more picky. You gotta have more than just a pretty face :wink:

Why? That is the question.

Quick Reply

Latest